cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The keyboard on my Asus ROG STRIX G731GV laptop doesn't light up

RichardMFS1998
Level 7
Hello, it turns out that when I turn on the laptop in the beginning it would type an animation and the keyboard would light up completely red after that it would go to the configuration that I had chosen for lighting. It turns out that now it does not light up and only after logging in with my user and waiting a few minutes does it light up and with errors (example: I have rainbow lighting applied that changes from left to right and when the error gives me the keyboard is totally badly illuminated (that is, keys with colors that have nothing to do with the theme, keys off, do not move and some with colors with high brightness and others with very low brightness). after another couple of minutes they settle down. What bothers me is that the lighting does not activate before logging in because I do not see the letters and it annoys me that I have already updated drivers and look for the ASUS ATK version 61 that by the way the Asus support no longer has it, and continue with the same problem.

I hope you can help me, thank you in advance for your attention.
9 REPLIES 9

BigJohnny
Level 13
Have you tried unisnstalling and reinstalling the ATK package? Someone must have it. If you have the original image it should be in the eSupport folder

BigJohnny wrote:
Have you tried unisnstalling and reinstalling the ATK package? Someone must have it. If you have the original image it should be in the eSupport folder

Yes, I tried it, I looked on the internet and I got the ATK in version 61 which is what Asus support recommends, but it remains the same

RichardMFS1998 wrote:
Yes, I tried it, I looked on the internet and I got the ATK in version 61 which is what Asus support recommends, but it remains the same

Here are some photos of how the keyboard behaves with this error.
and apparently it is not the ATK since he only controls the FN key, I do not know what it can be.

try to find atx versions which support your laptop

walishah3211 wrote:
try to find atx versions which support your laptop

I think the problem is the armory crate. now I realize that version 3.3.7 (beta) is installed

Got the same F*cking problem 2 weeks in now. no solution whats so ever.
RichardMFS1998 wrote:
I think the problem is the armory crate. now I realize that version 3.3.7 (beta) is installed

I got a issue same issue in a ASUS Zephyrus S GX701GXR, by a firmware keyboard release by asus in 7 Keys.

RichardMFS1998 wrote:

No disrespect intended but.....UNINSTALL THAT GARBAGE!

ASUS makes great hardware but the software has never been up to snuff be it laptops or Desktops. I installed Armory Crate and caught hell getting rid of all traces of it later. Things go so bad I tossed an ASUS core keyboard and Spatha mouse and went all corsair that works flawlessly.

fcsoares43
Level 9

Mine still like this after update ...