New ROGer Array

Question FPS drops in WoW correspond with low CPU activity

Basically I've been experiencing a lot of FPS drops (constantly fluctuating between 20 and 90) in WoW which are really starting to piss me off. I have my graphic settings at really low values for the hardware that I have (i7-8750H & GTX 1070) but they continue to happen.

I am on an Asus-Rog laptop (Zephyrus M GM501GS) and I'm starting to think the issue is related to power management. I have monitored these FPS drops with the task manager window open and everytime the FPS drops so does the CPU usage for WoW. I have set the CPU priority to high for WoW.exe, I'm using best performance power management (set on Windows settings & NVidia GeForce panel), and I have set the minimum processor state for 50% in my power settings (and max to 100%). Nonetheless, this still occurs.

Any ideas on what else I can test? I keep on lowering my graphics settings and it works for a bit until eventually I find the FPS dropping again. Everything is updated (drivers etc), I have tried disabling addons to see if they're causing it, I have closed all other processes running, I just can't figure out why I can't get steady FPS in such a low demanding game.