cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Todays update (4.0.8.0) is constantly using ~15% of CPU [Resolved]

Quelen
Level 7
Like in topic,
There was background update today, it turned off my Wi-Fi, then when I've checked task manager, the CPU usage by Armoury Crate User Session Helper is sitting on 14-15% of CPU usage. Rebooting did not solved this, neither killing the process (it loads again after 10s and it's doing the same ting.
Platform -> laptop GX701GXR, Windows 10 Edu 20H2 ver.
31 REPLIES 31

AtGrigorov
Level 10
Same here on G731GW.

mine is running at normal cpu usage but under updates it tells me to restart to apply but it doesn't apply them leaving it in a constant loop

lLegendaary
Level 9
Mine can't update all device kit seems like glitching ?

Same as above, can't update devices, reboot as prompted and install has not worked. My Ryujin AIO Fans are also on full blast, because I can't control it via Armoury Crate

aecsmith wrote:
Same as above, can't update devices, reboot as prompted and install has not worked. My Ryujin AIO Fans are also on full blast, because I can't control it via Armoury Crate

Identical problem here! The kits don't update!

Same here, after the update one cpu core is at 100%. The process eating the CPU is Armoury Crate User Session Helper. I've tried the following:

• Restarting Armoury Core service: Problem persists
  • Killing Armoury Crate User Session Helper process: Problem persists
  • Opening and closing Armoury Crate: Problem persists
  • Logging in and out of the user section in Armoury Crate: Problem persists
  • Disabling background updates for the Armoury Crate app in Windows: Problem persists

That's basically all of the options I found on the web to fix the issue and none works, for now I just set the profile I wish in armoury crate and then kill the service.

Laptop: FX505GT

I am also unable to update any device & Components. Ask to restart after update but still needs to update. Unable to use anything as it needs updating this is since Version 4.0.8.0

I am also unable to update any device & Components. Ask to restart after update but still needs to update. Unable to use anything as it needs updating this is since Version 4.0.8.0

filbee
Level 7
Same here - G713QR. Can't shut the service off as it rises from the grave like a zombie. Constant 9-10% CPU usage and driving my temperatures up so its runnig at 65 "idle". Might try removing / reinstalling an earlier version.