New ROGer Array

AXE-11000 5G doesnt appear everytime

Pretty much what the title says...I don't mess with network settings much but bought a new PC that is 6E capable so I was excited to get this router...I realize 6E will take time to be able to use but the 5G is very intermittent...sometimes i reboot and I never see the 5G band populate in my WiFi list, and it will also not be listed on my iPhone.

Settings wise I didn't do anything except name each band and password protect it. I expected more out of a $600 router...anyone got suggestions? or additional information I can provide to help me troubleshoot....OH, i thought it was my network card in my laptop, and replaced it, but I am getting the same issue.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XIII Hero
    Processori9 11900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard ASUS Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000/AXE11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

The 5 GHz signal on my router was much stronger than the 6 GHz.

The first thing to try is put your receiving as close as possible to the router to make sure nothing is interfering. When you list available networks, the 5 GHz SSID does not show up, even at the bottom of the list? Are you having any problems with the 2.4 GHz radio?

The 6 GHz radio is available but you have to make a registry change to be able to see it. I do not know when that will be done through Win 10 updates..

I can't think of anything offhand that would cause you 5 GHz signal to not function correctly. Do you have any type of special setup, such as AiMesh?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    The 5 GHz signal on my router was much stronger than the 6 GHz.

The first thing to try is put your receiving as close as possible to the router to make sure nothing is interfering. When you list available networks, the 5 GHz SSID does not show up, even at the bottom of the list? Are you having any problems with the 2.4 GHz radio?

The 6 GHz radio is available but you have to make a registry change to be able to see it. I do not know when that will be done through Win 10 updates..

I can't think of anything offhand that would cause you 5 GHz signal to not function correctly. Do you have any type of special setup, such as AiMesh?
    This issue occurs whether I am 2 feet away from the router or 20 feet away from it. It happens across all 4 PCs I have as well as my iPhone...the 5G seems like it takes 3-5 minutes to appear on any device when I am looking at WiFi networks available...although sometimes it seems completely random. The 2G band has zero issues and is always readily available.

Moderator Array

Hello Loxnar,
    may you share some screenshot of your setting? or provide feedback log through the router GUI?
    and please refer to below FAQ
    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1030641/
    If you set your 5G control channel form Auto to a specific one.
    you may use Apps like wifi anlyzer to find the channel with less interference.
    Let me know if the issue gets better.
    Thank you very much.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XIII Hero
    Processori9 11900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard ASUS Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000/AXE11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

Quote Originally Posted by Loxnar View Post
    This issue occurs whether I am 2 feet away from the router or 20 feet away from it. It happens across all 4 PCs I have as well as my iPhone...the 5G seems like it takes 3-5 minutes to appear on any device when I am looking at WiFi networks available...although sometimes it seems completely random. The 2G band has zero issues and is always readily available.
    I have started seeing the same thing on the AX11000 but don't have the AXE11000 running right now. I will see the 2.4 GHz network but that is all for a minute or so. But once I do see it and it connects, it seems to be fine with a good signal in the next room..

I did get the 6GHz radio working on the AXE11000.. Do a search for the phrase "Is6GhzBandEnabled" to find the instructions. A registry modification is required.