cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG ZEPHYRUS DUO 15 SE 3080 is not detected in AURA Creator v2.2.5

mama5bath
Level 8
My Laptop ROG ZEPHYRUS DUO 15 SE 3080 GX551QS is not detected in AURA Creator v2.2.5.
Already fresh installed armoury crate installer and fresh installed windows.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.0.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.5.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.35
Armoury Crate service 4.0.12
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.45

23 REPLIES 23

PrivateBlood
Level 7
I'm having the exact same issue with my GX551QM (3060 version). I tried literally every possible thing (ranging from clean uninstalls and also installing the old Aura Lighting software to complete format) to make this thing work so I could use Aura Lighting in Ghostrunner, but NO, nothing makes the software recognize this laptop's RGB keyboard.

We need an URGENT FIX, ASUS.

PrivateBlood
Level 7
The title says it all.

I bought this laptop with a price tag that led me to expect perfection, but I'm having major software issues with it.

Since Armoury Crate doesn't recognize the RGB keyboard in the Aura Sync and also in the Aura Creator software, I'm left out of all the possibilities this per key RGB keyboard can offer.

I used the Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool to clean uninstall and reinstall it at least 6-7 times. I even resorted to installing the old Lighting Control software found in the ASUS Aura page as the legacy software.

Nothing helped, so I formatted my PC (also due to some other graphics and audio driver issues). I even formatted 3 times, but no. Armoury Crate won't recognize my keyboard within the Aura Sync tab.

I installed all the latest drivers from the scratch and updated them daily. Other people using the same laptop also reported the same issue here.

ASUS, we need a software fix for this issue, ASAP.

xeromist
*****Consolidated duplicate threads. Please use existing threads where possible. Thanks.****
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Now , Armoury Crate is able to detect and control my Labtop but Aura Creator is not even able to detect it. Please help

System = Windows 10 Pro 20H2 OS build 19042.906
AURA Creator Version 2.2.5

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.2.5.0
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.4.7.1
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.41
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.35
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.45
AacAudioHal 1.3.20.0
AacDispaly 1.1.29

mama5bath wrote:
Now , Armoury Crate is able to detect and control my Labtop but Aura Creator is not even able to detect it. Please help

System = Windows 10 Pro 20H2 OS build 19042.906
AURA Creator Version 2.2.5

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.2.5.0
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.4.7.1
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.41
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.35
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.45
AacAudioHal 1.3.20.0
AacDispaly 1.1.29

Hey, how did you make it so that your Armoury Crate Aura Sync recognized your laptop? I really don't care much about Aura Creator but I need Armoury Crate Aura Sync to recognize my laptop so I can sync it with games that support Aura such as Ghostrunner. Can you give me any advice how to make Armoury Crate recognize the laptop? Thanks.

PrivateBlood wrote:
Hey, how did you make it so that your Armoury Crate Aura Sync recognized your laptop? I really don't care much about Aura Creator but I need Armoury Crate Aura Sync to recognize my laptop so I can sync it with games that support Aura such as Ghostrunner. Can you give me any advice how to make Armoury Crate recognize the laptop? Thanks.

In the eSupport folder at C:drive, I tried the installation as follows and restart

mama5bath wrote:
In the eSupport folder at C:drive, I tried the installation as follows and restart

After having extreme issues with the audio and video drivers, I had to format my PC several times, and eventually I also removed all the ASUS preinstalled drive partitions. It actually never crossed my mind that some older driver files would be required so that my keyboard would function properly. I might get lucky with a lost file recovery program, but if that wouldn't be much of an inconvenience to you, could you upload this folder to Drive, Mega, etc. and share it with me either here or via PM? I would be very grateful. Thank you.

PrivateBlood wrote:
After having extreme issues with the audio and video drivers, I had to format my PC several times, and eventually I also removed all the ASUS preinstalled drive partitions. It actually never crossed my mind that some older driver files would be required so that my keyboard would function properly. I might get lucky with a lost file recovery program, but if that wouldn't be much of an inconvenience to you, could you upload this folder to Drive, Mega, etc. and share it with me either here or via PM? I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Please check your inbox

mama5bath wrote:
Please check your inbox

THANK YOU! Thank you so much for providing me with the complete eSupport drive partition.

I followed your very eloquent instructions and ran the install.bat and BAM! Armoury Crate started to recognize my PC!!! I am finally able to use Aura Sync. I immediately tried it out with the Ghostrunner game and the lighting effects worked as advertised.

Thanks to you, I'm very happy right now.

To be able to provide some information to you, I reinstalled the Aura Creator and checked, but as in your case, my Aura Creator also still doesn't recognize the laptop. I have no use for Aura Creator as I typically use the Reactive Key option that makes the keys light up as I press them (which has its own issues that I still am unable to fix; like some keys not reacting and ROG key lighting up the PgUp switch key instead), but I hope ASUS steps up and provides you with help that fixes this Aura Creator recognition issue.