Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by upsnef View Post
    exact same thing here
    Strix Z490-G wifi and a Strix RTX 3080 , both are uodated to latest bios of today
    same blank screen ansd debug led stuck on VGA
    after activated Resize Barr in bios

simply reset bios with jumper then boot but unnable to activated Resize Barr

As mentioned above, take a look at the guide over on Edge UP. https://edgeup.asus.com/2021/guide-h...red-gaming-pc/

Take note of the mention of disabling the Compatibility Support Module (CSM) within the UEFI, along with the clause of the impact on legacy MBR Windows installations.

Be sure you're using an official VBIOS, too. Some users have opted to cross flash in the past which may cause some issues.
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 04-06-2021 at 06:38 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    As mentioned above, take a look at the guide over on Edge UP. https://edgeup.asus.com/2021/guide-h...red-gaming-pc/

Take note of the mention of disabling the Compatibility Support Module (CSM) within the UEFI, along with the clause of the impact on legacy MBR Windows installations.

Be sure you're using an official BIOS, too. Some users have opted to cross flash in the past which may cause some issues.

I have the same problem with z490-g (non wi-fi) bios 2005 and an EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3. If i turn on above 4g, resizable bar and disable CSM with the updated vbios, my pc is stuck in booting process.

GPU bios 1 (updated with resizable compatibility) + enabled above 4g + auto resizable bar + disabled CSM = black screen
    GPU bios 1 (updated with resizable compatibility) + enabled above 4g + auto resizable bar + enabled CSM = normal boot
    GPU bios 2 (without resizable compatibility) + enabled above 4g + auto resizable bar + enabled CSM = normal boot
    GPU bios 2 (without resizable compatibility) + enabled above 4g + auto resizable bar + disabled CSM = normal boot

I already had the same problem with the same motherboard and bios (2005) using an AMD RX 6800, but asus support told me that resizable bar on intel motherboards only work with nvidia gpus.
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 04-06-2021 at 06:36 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Strayed View Post
    I have the same problem with z490-g (non wi-fi) bios 2005 and an EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3. If i turn on above 4g, resizable bar and disable CSM with the updated vbios, my pc is stuck in booting process.

GPU bios 1 (updated with resizable compatibility) + enabled above 4g + auto resizable bar + enabled CSM = black screen
    GPU bios 1 (updated with resizable compatibility) + enabled above 4g + auto resizable bar + disabled CSM = normal boot
    GPU bios 2 (without resizable compatibility) + enabled above 4g + auto resizable bar + enabled CSM = normal boot
    GPU bios 2 (without resizable compatibility) + enabled above 4g + auto resizable bar + disabled CSM = normal boot

I already had the same problem with the same motherboard and bios (2005) using an AMD RX 6800, but asus support told me that resizable bar on intel motherboards only work with nvidia gpus.
    The second configuration ("GPU bios 1 (updated with resizable compatibility) + enabled above 4g + auto resizable bar + disabled CSM = normal boot") seems to result in normal boot, and that's the proper configuration. Did I misunderstand something?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by PavelPr View Post
    The second configuration ("GPU bios 1 (updated with resizable compatibility) + enabled above 4g + auto resizable bar + disabled CSM = normal boot") seems to result in normal boot, and that's the proper configuration. Did I misunderstand something?
    No, you understand it correctly. There are numerous posts all over reddit that also report that CSM enabled = black screen, it has to be disabled if you want to have ReBar options turned on (and so you need your Windows install to be in UEFI mode with a GPT boot device rather than MBR)

ROG Member Array

Just updated my X299 TUF Mark1 BIOS (v.3403), turned on Above 4G, re bar to auto, disabled CSM compatibility...
    Everything is booting OK!

The only issue is that I'm unable to use the VBIOS update tool which gives me a message:
    *"Your graphics card does not need a VBIOS update"

Please, tell me how to proceed/fix this... already opened a Technical Inquiry on Asus support page.*
    Last edited by Koben; 03-31-2021 at 07:35 PM.

New ROGer Array

sorry, I wrote it wrong

GPU bios 1 (updated with resizable compatibility) + enabled above 4g + auto resizable bar + disabled CSM = black screen and with enabled CSM i have a normal boot.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by nexaus View Post
    I flashed my 3080 tuf oc in the overclock mode and when rebooting I just got a black screen.

I switched the card to quiet mode and it would boot. I then flashed the bios again here and sadly when I rebooted I just got a black screen.

Pulled the card out and put it back in again to see if it would help but no.

Is there any way to load the bios onto a usb stick and make it boot up on this and run the bios by itself?
    i had the same problem when i trying to flash my strix 3090 oc, i fixed issue with switching display port to another. ps: i still dont know last i used the dp will run fine or not.

One more thing when i flashed bios on performance mod it flashes only performance mod bioses. then manually i switched to quite bios then flashed for quite mod.

thank the god both of them works normally.

This s..t card price in turkey more than 5000 usd. flashing bios gets me really nervous.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by kheopstr View Post
    i had the same problem when i trying to flash my strix 3090 oc, i fixed issue with switching display port to another. ps: i still dont know last i used the dp will run fine or not.

One more thing when i flashed bios on performance mod it flashes only performance mod bioses. then manually i switched to quite bios then flashed for quite mod.

thank the god both of them works normally.

This s..t card price in turkey more than 5000 usd. flashing bios gets me really nervous.
    Given the exact same updated vBIOS file is being flashed to BOTH the Q_BIOS and P-BIOS, did you check that the fan speeds and temp targets are still retained for their respective BIOS? Or are now BOTH BIOS settings identical after the flash?

Thanks for checking.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by DMAN406 View Post
    Given the exact same updated vBIOS file is being flashed to BOTH the Q_BIOS and P-BIOS, did you check that the fan speeds and temp targets are still retained for their respective BIOS? Or are now BOTH BIOS settings identical after the flash?

Thanks for checking.
    That's not precisely accurate. The vBIOS update executable (RTX3090_V3.exe) bears, in fact, a self-extracting archive that contains 17 different ROM files (presumably for different cards and modes). That archive also contains other executables, DLLs and drivers that are presumably needed to apply the vBIOS update.

I would find it reasonable to assume that the unified executable program also selects the correct ROM for the installed card and mode.

At any rate, after having updated both P and Q modes for my TUF-RTX3090-O24G, I can see different BIOS versions for each mode (94.02.42.00.B3 and 94.02.42.00.B4). This has lead me to believe that the flashing procedure executed correctly for both modes.

As a suggestion to ASUS, I would make it clear, on the vBIOS download page, that where cards that have Dual BIOS functionality are concerned, separate flashing would be required to apply the vBIOS update to both P and Q modes.
    Last edited by PavelPr; 04-02-2021 at 06:16 AM.

New ROGer Array

That's not precisely accurate. The vBIOS update executable (RTX3090_V3.exe) bears, in fact, a self-extracting archive that contains 17 different ROM files (presumably for different cards and modes). That archive also contains other executables, DLLs and drivers that are presumably needed to apply the vBIOS update.

I would find it reasonable to assume that the unified executable program also selects the correct ROM for the installed card and mode.

At any rate, after having updated both P and Q modes for my TUF-RTX3090-O24G, I can see different BIOS versions for each mode (94.02.42.00.B3 and 94.02.42.00.B4). This has lead me to believe that the flashing procedure executed correctly for both modes.

As a suggestion to ASUS, I would make it clear, on the vBIOS download page, that where cards that have Dual BIOS functionality are concerned, separate flashing would be required to apply the vBIOS update to both P and Q modes.
    Thanks for your input. I absolutely agree that it would be of immense help if (for dual BIOS cards) ASUS made it clear what procedure exactly is required for each BIOS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast