Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by PavelPr View Post
    Did you guys disable CSM? Others have reported black screen issues after forgetting to disable it. See: https://edgeup.asus.com/2021/guide-h...red-gaming-pc/
    yes sure, CSM was already disable

Quote Originally Posted by OLDFATSHEEP View Post
    Same here. My Strix 3080 P mode version is 94.02.42.00.D6. But its V2 BIOS. That V3 BIOS update app still says I don't need to update.
    I have the same problem with an RTX 3090 STRIX OC. None of the Asus provided BIOS flash executables work. I get the same message every time stating that my card doesn't need to be updated.

As a workaround, I had to extract the BIOS from the Asus executable and manually flash the correct one to my card. After reboot Resizable BAR is working on my card.

Asus should look into what's causing this error.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by cx-ray View Post
    I have the same problem with an RTX 3090 STRIX OC. None of the Asus provided BIOS flash executables work. I get the same message every time stating that my card doesn't need to be updated.

As a workaround, I had to extract the BIOS from the Asus executable and manually flash the correct one to my card. After reboot Resizable BAR is working on my card.

Asus should look into what's causing this error.
    can share how did u extract the bios and flash it ?

New ROGer Array

I'd like that too. I tried to update mine and receive the same message.

Quote Originally Posted by sookainian View Post
    can share how did u extract the bios and flash it ?
    I don't want to be blamed for bricking someone's card. Below is just enough info so you can further research it if necessary.

Roughly speaking you do the following:
    Extract the Asus VBIOS updater using a tool such as WinRAR, 7-Zip, etc.
    Among the resulting files there will be a .ini. In there look up your current VBIOS version and corresponding new version number.
    Use NVFlash to update your card.

Do it at your own risk.

New ROGer Array

Yeah, of course our own risk. Although its still Asus tool, just after extraction.

My Nvidia CP says I have: 94.02.26.80.EF BIOS and GPU is TUF-RTX3080-010G-GAMING (which is 3080 TUF OC).
    Bios for it is not listed.

OK. Nevermind, found correct data. Its 94.02.26.80.AS05 and now BAR is enabled. Thank you xc-ray!
    Last edited by Hiromachi; 04-05-2021 at 01:36 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    As mentioned above, take a look at the guide over on Edge UP. https://edgeup.asus.com/2021/guide-h...red-gaming-pc/

Take note of the mention of disabling the Compatibility Support Module (CSM) within the UEFI, along with the clause of the impact on legacy MBR Windows installations.
    Hey,

Is there a regression with these new V3 vBIOSes?

The change log for the previous vBIOS (V2) states that it "Fixed motherboard "beeping" bug during computer start-up". I seem to sometimes be having this now, after flashing to V3. The computer would go on and boot correctly, but the white light on the Crosshair VIII Dark Hero would remain on until the computer is rebooted.

The post code is as though the computer did not detect a screen (one long beep followed by three short ones), despite the screen being connected (but off). To avoid this, I have to turn the screen on (ASUS PG43UQ) before the computer. This did not happen on the previous vBIOS.

Thanks!
    Last edited by PavelPr; 04-06-2021 at 05:44 AM.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

For those using the VBIOS tool and experiencing the message saying there is no update available; please state which card, open GPUZ and check what VBIOS version you are currently on.

ROG Enthusiast Array ExcessiveGBH's Avatar

Asus Rampage 6 BIOS 3403
    ASUS ROG Stix GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB BIOS Version V3
    Nvidia driver 465.89
    After configuring BIOS for resizable bar and saving settings.
    The issues I'm having are 3 beeps after the first beep, motherboard display saying Load VBIOS. Then restarts.
    Boots to F1 or press F2 to continue, as it turned CMS back on due to VGA card is not supported.
    To get motherboard BIOS to boot with Resizable Bar is to load setting then save reboot BUT! turn it off before it reboots. Then unplug mains power let capacitance discharge wait another 10 seconds. Plug back in, boot computer and all is working but when I shut down must disconnect mains power before booting again. If I don't have to go through the process again or cannot boot sometimes at all unless I clear CMOS, even then I've had to reflash MB BIOS again as it got that corrupted saying No HD detect or No Memory detect.
    No issues with other MB BIOS's.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 20210404_114228.jpg  

Resizable bar.png  

Last edited by ExcessiveGBH; 04-07-2021 at 07:12 AM.
    System specs
    Win 10 64 bit Pro 20H2
    Rampage VI Extreme
    BIOS 3403
    I9 10920 @5.0GHz all cores
    EK-KIT G360 (CPU only)
    Samsung 960 PRO M.2 NVMe 1TB
    Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PLUS NVMe 2TB
    ADATA XPG S40G RGB M.2 NVMe 4TB
    1 Samsung SSD 4TB EVO
    1 x 10TB drive
    1 x 4TB drive
    1 x 2TB drive
    ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB @2010MHz
    32GB G Skill Trident Z 3466MHz 15-17-17-37
    Corsair 1200w psu
    Sound Denon AVC-A1
    Panasonic 65 plasma
    Predator XB321HK

ROG Member Array Goofee79 PC Specs
    Goofee79 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Z490-G WIFI
    ProcessorIntel i5-10600k
    Memory (part number)HyperX Fury 3600mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix 3090 OC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG329Q
    CPU CoolerNoctua
    Power SupplyCorsair rm750
    Keyboard Corsair
    Mouse Corsair
    Headset Beyerdynamic/Antlion modmic
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus rt-ax92u

I have the ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING and my mobo is the z490-g with 2005 bios and rebar enabled there (didn't check csm or other settings).

I ran the RTX3090_V3.exe and it seemed to update from what i noticed, then reboot and black screen.

I bios flashbacked to 1003 now, and everything works fine again but no rebar.

The vbios version is 94.02.42.00.a9, is the v3 for me?

i should probably also wait for a better bios since 2005 is beta but i got to eager to try it out lol

EDIT: Ahh i read other posts on the forum and found the enable rebar setting in the bios on 1003 and it works now! So guess the vbios is correct?

Question still is do i need to do the same bios update on the Quiet bios? I'm using the default performance now.
    Last edited by Goofee79; 04-07-2021 at 09:07 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast