cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Resizable Bar - ROG Crosshair VIII Hero & ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

meerkat154
Level 7
Anyone have any luck enabling resizable bar on the ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) & ROG Strix X570-E Gaming?
Crossfire motherboard is on BETA 3401, X570-E is on BETA BIOS 3603 and I have updated the eVGA 3090 OC to the latest BIOS which was just released today.
NVIDIA control panel shows resizable bar disabled.

Followed the steps here https://www.techarp.com/computer/guide-smart-access-memory/

Thanks
-Kat
14 REPLIES 14

Cptken
Level 7
Resizable BAR works for me now.

I had to flash the BIOS of my Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming to the latest Beta Bios 3603.

Graphics card is an EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA.

G88179reetings

Cptken wrote:
Resizable BAR works for me now.

I had to flash the BIOS of my Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming to the latest Beta Bios 3603.

Graphics card is an EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA.

G88179reetings

Can you tell me what settings you had to modify the BIOS?
Here is the screen shot from the 3090 Ultra:

Cptken
Level 7
I changed the following settings in the BIOS:

Above 4G Decoding: Enanbled

Re-Size-BAR Support: Auto

SR-IOV Support Enabled

But it only worked with the latest beta bios.

Greetings

Cptken wrote:
I changed the following settings in the BIOS:

Above 4G Decoding: Enanbled

Re-Size-BAR Support: Auto

SR-IOV Support Enabled

But it only worked with the latest beta bios.

Greetings

Ok - fixed it!
One has to disable CSM In the boot section also then it works. 🙂
Thanks,
Kat

Ok - fixed it!
One has to disable CSM In the boot section also then it works. 🙂
Thanks,
Kat

Cptken
Level 7
Nice

Gigabyte 3090 Eagle OC with the latest VBIOS, Resizeable BAR enabled.
ASUS X570 E-Gaming, 3603 BIOS.
Latest Nvidia Driver with the Resizable BAR function.

Can't get it to work.
BIOS does not show me the option in the PCI Settings, of course the Nvidia system settings also say no.

Everything has the latest update.

What am i doing wrong?

CMS is also disabled, BIOS is pretty much bone stock outside of DOCP and basic PBO settings.

Update: had to reset BIOS to default, then repeat the steps for it to show up...

I'm running the 3401 firmware for x570 Dark Hero w/a 5900x. Went through every single step here along with upgrading my PX1/VBIOS/Nvidia Driver on my EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid. Tells me my motherboard isn't compatible.

Update: Cleared CMOS via button on back too. Went back and tried again. Still no luck.

Update 2: Ended up being firmware issues with my EVGA FTW3 Ultra that had been converted to a Hybrid. I downgraded back to original Hybrid conversion BIOS and let PX1 software update the video card again and it fixed it.

xLith wrote:
I'm running the 3401 firmware for x570 Dark Hero w/a 5900x. Went through every single step here along with upgrading my PX1/VBIOS/Nvidia Driver on my EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid. Tells me my motherboard isn't compatible.

Update: Cleared CMOS via button on back too. Went back and tried again. Still no luck.

The current BIOS for your board is not supporting Resizable Bar. You'll have to wait for a new BIOS.