Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Vbios V3 3090 Strix No Display

I just upgrade my vbios to the latest version with resizable bar.

My motherboard is Z490 I gaming. I've also updated to the latest bios version 2005.

But after enabling resizable bar in bios, now I'm having issue is there is no display output at all even on boot.

Can anyone explain how to solve this ?

CMS is disable if you're wondering...

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Does the card complete POST and display video signal with REBAR disabled?

Also, did you use the tool found on the support page?

Clear the UEFI via the rear I/O button.*

* https://rog.asus.com/uk/graphics-car...model/helpdesk
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 03-31-2021 at 11:13 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array JronMasteR PC Specs
    JronMasteR PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Rog Zephyrus G14
    MotherboardGigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900KS @ 5.15Ghz
    Memory (part number)32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Rog Strix RTX 3090 OC
    Monitor2xASUS Rog XG279Q
    Storage #1970 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2970 EVO Plus 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i RGB PRO XT
    CaseO11 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Ducky YOTP
    Mouse Logitech G604

Hmm, are you running your system in UEFI Mode?
    You also need to flash Q Mode and P Mode separately to have the V3 Bios in both modes
    Last edited by JronMasteR; 03-31-2021 at 10:43 AM.

ROG Member Array

from what I've seen you have to disable the CSM

ROG Member Array

Got the exact same problem. And i'm affraid to update my 2nd BIOS because it's the only way now to get display...

I'm not sure i'm on the same scenario, because on my first flash i had reBAR enabled. its is the same of you JronMaster?

Did u update the vBIOS when reBAR was enabled the first time?

I'm on UEFI MODE, without CSM, Crosshair VIII Hero, nvidia drivers up to date.

This makes me so affraid now... :'(
    Last edited by ROG News; 04-15-2021 at 08:42 AM. Reason: swearing

ROG Member Array

I believe that at the moment it is unripe unfortunately to update to this bios. although I'm seeing that other gigabyte EVGA partners etc on the forums don't complain about this update. among the features however it does not say that the bios of the V3 video card is compatible with z390.
    in other posts I read that they updated the rtx 3090 oc strix card, there are those who said that with a flash they uploaded the bios to both P and Q and had no problems, there are those who say that it loaded only one bios on P and everything works....

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array HK-47's Avatar

I update my card yesterday. I enabled resize bar in bios and made sure 4g decode was enabled before running the update tool.

If you are using a pcie riser cable that isnt 4.0 when you update motherboard bios it will reset to 4.0 by default. I get this alot of times and its hit or miss if i get video output during post after motherboard bios has been update. I have to ppwer cycle a few times until I get lucky and get to bios so I can switch to pcie 3.0.

Also you can try to boot with q mode bios then switch to p mode to reflash regular p bios to see if it will boot. If it does try and reflash with the tool.
    -Desktop-
    Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero / AMD 5800x / 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RBG (CMT32GX4M4C3600C18) @ 3800 /2x Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 (Raid 0)/ 1x Samsung 860 Evo SSD / Corsair AX1200 PSU / ASUS Strix Helios Case / Corsair HydroX Custom Loop D5, CX7, XG7 420+280 Rad/ Asus Strix 3090 / Asus PG35VQ Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair Commander PRO 3x ql120, 4x ql140 fans / Edifier 1850DB Speakers + T5 Sub /
    Asus Theta 7.1 Headset

ROG Member Array

I with the pci rizer cable installed, tells me that the pci is automatic. But so I didn't understand before updating if I have the rizer cable I have to set in pci 3.0 and force it and then update the GPU bios?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array HK-47's Avatar

I would set it to pcie 3.0 before updating or instal the card temporarily without the riser cable if possible before updating just to be safe. Also make sure resizebar and 4g decode is enable in bios prior to updating bios. To find 4g decode easy you can hit f9 and search for 4g.

Also I run the vbios updater with the card p switch only and set my overclocks back to cards default state prior to running the update tool. The sceeen turned black once then come back and asked to restart.

I use the asus riser cable and my card has issues running pcie 4.0 with it. So I always keep it set to pcie 3.0. After mothernoard bios update it defaults back to automatic and this I believe sets it to 4.0 and i cant get post and I get stuck with vga light on post. I then have to power cycle the card a dew times until it decides it wants to boot at pcie 4.0. I could remove the riser cable and instal the card into the slot before updating the bios but my card is under water cooling and i dont want to drain the loop to update bios. My card will boot maybe 1 out of 4 time with pcie 4.0.
    Last edited by HK-47; 03-31-2021 at 02:44 PM.
    -Desktop-
    Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero / AMD 5800x / 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RBG (CMT32GX4M4C3600C18) @ 3800 /2x Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 (Raid 0)/ 1x Samsung 860 Evo SSD / Corsair AX1200 PSU / ASUS Strix Helios Case / Corsair HydroX Custom Loop D5, CX7, XG7 420+280 Rad/ Asus Strix 3090 / Asus PG35VQ Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair Commander PRO 3x ql120, 4x ql140 fans / Edifier 1850DB Speakers + T5 Sub /
    Asus Theta 7.1 Headset

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Does the card complete POST and display video signal with REBAR disabled?

Also, did you use the tool found on the support page?

Clear the UEFI via the rear I/O button.*

* https://rog.asus.com/uk/graphics-car...model/helpdesk
    With REBAR disable, the card is able to post... (need to clear my bios so that rebar is disable)

Yes, i download the vbios from asus support page.

Then how do i get rebar to work ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast