Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Unfortunately, every method I have tried to downgrade my Rog Strix Z490-G Wifi motherboard from bios 2005 down to BIOS 1003 does not work.

    BIOS flashback is not working. Renamed BIOS .CAP file correctly, USB stick formatted FAT32, tried different USB stick, redownloaded BIOS, checked BIOS hash/checksum.. to no avail. Also tried downgrading via Qflash, and I always get a "not a proper BIOS" message. I tried every available BIOS image for the Rog Strix Z490-G Wifi, all the way down to version 0607, and I get the "Not a proper BIOS" message for each one.

    As a result, for some reason I am stuck on version 2005, for which ReBAR is not working, as others have noticed as well.

    ASUS, please fix bios 2005, or find out why I cannot downgrade my BIOS anymore?

  2. #22
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    51

    Quote Originally Posted by Rahzadan View Post
    Unfortunately, every method I have tried to downgrade my Rog Strix Z490-G Wifi motherboard from bios 2005 down to BIOS 1003 does not work.

    BIOS flashback is not working. Renamed BIOS .CAP file correctly, USB stick formatted FAT32, tried different USB stick, redownloaded BIOS, checked BIOS hash/checksum.. to no avail. Also tried downgrading via Qflash, and I always get a "not a proper BIOS" message. I tried every available BIOS image for the Rog Strix Z490-G Wifi, all the way down to version 0607, and I get the "Not a proper BIOS" message for each one.

    As a result, for some reason I am stuck on version 2005, for which ReBAR is not working, as others have noticed as well.

    ASUS, please fix bios 2005, or find out why I cannot downgrade my BIOS anymore?
    I believe you didn't plug the USB to the flash port and press the rear button.... there wont be any message shown.... it just LED light flashing

  3. #23
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by sookainian View Post
    I believe you didn't plug the USB to the flash port and press the rear button.... there wont be any message shown.... it just LED light flashing
    I know how BIOS flashback works If there is a problem, the LED goes from flashing to solid a few seconds after you press it. If it's working, it continues to flash then turns OFF. I did everything. Tried several USB drives, Formatted FAT32, BIOS correctly named, correct port on Motherboard.

    BIOS flashback is not working on any BIOS revisions other than the newest for me on the ROG Strix Z490-G Wifi

    If I use BIOS 2005 (so going from 2005-->2005)n then flashback works, but I cannot downgrade...

    In addition, if I try to upgrade using EZFlash, I can also go from 2005 to 2005.. It says 2005 is a valid BIOS, but no versions below it are valid.
    Last edited by Rahzadan; 04-08-2021 at 03:55 AM.

  4. #24
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by sookainian View Post

    The black screen issue after vbios update and rebar enable is caused by the motherboard bios 2005.

    DONT USE BIOS VERSION 2005
    Ok. After further troubleshooting, I was FINALLY able to downgrade to BIOS 1003 using the Flashback tool. For some reason, I had to do a FULL format on the USB stick. No "quick format", despite all being FAT32, would work.

    ReBAR is now working as intended on 1003.

    I CAN CONFIRM THAT ReBAR IS BROKEN ON BIOS 2005

  5. #25
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    51

    Quote Originally Posted by Rahzadan View Post
    Ok. After further troubleshooting, I was FINALLY able to downgrade to BIOS 1003 using the Flashback tool. For some reason, I had to do a FULL format on the USB stick. No "quick format", despite all being FAT32, would work.

    ReBAR is now working as intended on 1003.

    I CAN CONFIRM THAT ReBAR IS BROKEN ON BIOS 2005

    Cheers !

    Asus still dare to say bios v2005 " improve ReSizable BAR compatibility for NVIDIA RTX30 series graphics cards".... more like the other way round....

  6. #26
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    14
    Posts
    705

    Dear all,
    We are aware of the issue with BIOS 2005 when using 30 series display card.
    New BIOS will be released soon.
    If you have further concern about this, please PM me your product SN and further detail.
    Thank you so much for your feedback.

  7. #27
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    51

    Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ROG View Post
    Dear all,
    We are aware of the issue with BIOS 2005 when using 30 series display card.
    New BIOS will be released soon.
    If you have further concern about this, please PM me your product SN and further detail.
    Thank you so much for your feedback.
    When will the new BIOS be released ?

  8. #28
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    51

    anyone tried bios 2103 and gpu v4 ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •