cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vbios V3 3090 Strix No Display

sookainian
Level 8
I just upgrade my vbios to the latest version with resizable bar.

My motherboard is Z490 I gaming. I've also updated to the latest bios version 2005.

But after enabling resizable bar in bios, now I'm having issue is there is no display output at all even on boot.

Can anyone explain how to solve this ?

CMS is disable if you're wondering...
27 REPLIES 27

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Does the card complete POST and display video signal with REBAR disabled?

Also, did you use the tool found on the support page?

Clear the UEFI via the rear I/O button.*

* https://rog.asus.com/uk/graphics-cards/graphics-cards/rog-strix/rog-strix-rtx3090-o24g-gaming-model/...
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Does the card complete POST and display video signal with REBAR disabled?

Also, did you use the tool found on the support page?

Clear the UEFI via the rear I/O button.*

* https://rog.asus.com/uk/graphics-cards/graphics-cards/rog-strix/rog-strix-rtx3090-o24g-gaming-model/...

With REBAR disable, the card is able to post... (need to clear my bios so that rebar is disable)

Yes, i download the vbios from asus support page.

Then how do i get rebar to work ?

JronMasteR
Level 9
Hmm, are you running your system in UEFI Mode?
You also need to flash Q Mode and P Mode separately to have the V3 Bios in both modes

from what I've seen you have to disable the CSM

rizzo.ale wrote:
from what I've seen you have to disable the CSM

Yes, my CSM is already disable by default...

JronMasteR wrote:
Hmm, are you running your system in UEFI Mode?
You also need to flash Q Mode and P Mode separately to have the V3 Bios in both modes

Default is already in UEFI mode right ? How do i confirm whether my system is in UEFI mode ? my bios is not the blue screen. Its UEFI Bios Utility (red/black theme)

Do you mean i need to flash Q mode and P mode to V3 bios for rebar to work ?

If i only flash P mode rebar wont work ?

spykeer
Level 7
Got the exact same problem. And i'm affraid to update my 2nd BIOS because it's the only way now to get display...

I'm not sure i'm on the same scenario, because on my first flash i had reBAR enabled. its is the same of you JronMaster?

Did u update the vBIOS when reBAR was enabled the first time?

I'm on UEFI MODE, without CSM, Crosshair VIII Hero, nvidia drivers up to date.

This makes me so affraid now... :'(

I believe that at the moment it is unripe unfortunately to update to this bios. although I'm seeing that other gigabyte EVGA partners etc on the forums don't complain about this update. among the features however it does not say that the bios of the V3 video card is compatible with z390.
in other posts I read that they updated the rtx 3090 oc strix card, there are those who said that with a flash they uploaded the bios to both P and Q and had no problems, there are those who say that it loaded only one bios on P and everything works....

HK-47
Level 10
I update my card yesterday. I enabled resize bar in bios and made sure 4g decode was enabled before running the update tool.

If you are using a pcie riser cable that isnt 4.0 when you update motherboard bios it will reset to 4.0 by default. I get this alot of times and its hit or miss if i get video output during post after motherboard bios has been update. I have to ppwer cycle a few times until I get lucky and get to bios so I can switch to pcie 3.0.

Also you can try to boot with q mode bios then switch to p mode to reflash regular p bios to see if it will boot. If it does try and reflash with the tool.
-Desktop-
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero / AMD 5800x / 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RBG (CMT32GX4M4C3600C18) @ 3800 /2x Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 (Raid 0)/ 1x Samsung 860 Evo SSD / Corsair AX1200 PSU / ASUS Strix Helios Case / Corsair HydroX Custom Loop D5, CX7, XG7 420+280 Rad/ Asus Strix 3090 / Asus PG35VQ Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair Commander PRO 3x ql120, 4x ql140 fans / Edifier 1850DB Speakers + T5 Sub /
Asus Theta 7.1 Headset