cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow X13 / XG Mobile HDMI not working

angelaki
Level 9
Just like many users out there I have the problem that my XG Mobile's HDMI isn't working (reliable) - means if the display works it does until I restart the device. Every time has a pretty high chance that the display won't come back. It gets detected by windows, it won't go to standby but just displays a black image.

For now I can only use the XG Mobile's Displayport and need to connect my second display to the Flow's HDMI. But sure I'd love to use only one "docking station" cable.

Is this a known issue? Maybe by design? Or a rare one only occuring for some people?
8 REPLIES 8

GPUMANG
Level 7
My ROG Flow XG Mobile is running into the same issue, but with the display port. I'm not sure what the cause of it is, but it is the exact same issue as you: the device connects but there is no signal. Sometimes it will work but after a restart/disconnect, that breaks things again. I've sent it in for an RMA, I'll update if anything changes.

Cool, thank you! Were you able to send only the XG Mobile? Or did you need to sent both? Since so many persons seam to have this issue I believe it's either a software or a design issue ...

Today a FW update was launched for the XG Mobile. Was pretty excited, but still no improvement: HDMI not working and crashes on sleep mode 😞

any update on this for anyone? I got mine to work a few times after it happened by reinstalling the drivers, but it has since given me the black screen again. Still shows connected but cant see anything.

jebond21 wrote:
any update on this for anyone? I got mine to work a few times after it happened by reinstalling the drivers, but it has since given me the black screen again. Still shows connected but cant see anything.

No "real" solution, yet. Still waiting for my ASUS ticket. But found a solution that's ok for now: if no *DisplayPort* cable is connected on power on (or display power supply disconnected) the HDMI works. After system is booting I can turn on the 2nd screen. Does this work for you, too?

angelaki wrote:
No "real" solution, yet. Still waiting for my ASUS ticket. But found a solution that's ok for now: if no *DisplayPort* cable is connected on power on (or display power supply disconnected) the HDMI works. After system is booting I can turn on the 2nd screen. Does this work for you, too?

I was not able to get that to work. I left mine alone for a few days, and then randomly it started working again after a reboot. Has been working for the last 4 days, but then the system went to sleep and is no longer working again. I will try what you mentioned above again to see if it changes.

ianaz
Level 7

Same issue, have to detach/reattach the HDMI cable even multiple times sometimes. Coming back from standby often not working and have to restart via button. 
This laptop is a pain and very sad to see that it hasn't been addressed in 2 years. I keep checking whether there are drivers updates but no... I have the new model (2023). I'd send it over for replacement or fix but I need it for work.

Same problem, but with DisplayPort. It happens every time I update the nvidia drivers and, sometimes only, on reboot