cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus WTF is happening with TUF 3080 BIOS update?

sebagsm
Level 7
Hi!

spec:
asus tuf 3080 oc
asus z490-i gaming (with the latest 2005 beta bios)
using latest nvidia drivers

Updated the vbios with V3 to enable resizable bar.. ofc I ended up with a black screen and a bricked card 😄

restore older bios if somebody needs help:

siwtched to quiet mode .. boot to win switch back to performance and flash the bios from techpowerup with nvlash

nvflash --protectoff
nvflash bios file

with csm enable it will boot but BAR not enabled in nvidia control panel

I dont know what is happening with asus but this is getting ridiculous.. for sure my z590 will not be an asus....
12 REPLIES 12

sookainian
Level 8
sebagsm wrote:
Hi!

spec:
asus tuf 3080 oc
asus z490-i gaming (with the latest 2005 beta bios)
using latest nvidia drivers

Updated the vbios with V3 to enable resizable bar.. ofc I ended up with a black screen and a bricked card 😄

siwtched to quiet mode .. boot to win switch back to performance and flash the bios from techpowerup with nvlash

nvflash --protectoff
nvflash bios file

I dont know what is happening with asus but this is getting ridiculous.. for sure my z590 will not be an asus....

Im also having the same issue as you. Have you found a way to fix this ?

nothing yet. ofc the tech support is in silence as always

problem solved....

it wil not work using beta bios 2005

you need to flash it back .. but there is some kind of bug in 2005 for flashback ... so you must use first bios version 0403 and after that you can flash it to the latest stable version 1003

sebagsm wrote:
problem solved....

it wil not work using beta bios 2005

you need to flash it back .. but there is some kind of bug in 2005 for flashback ... so you must use first bios version 0403 and after that you can flash it to the latest stable version 1003

PLease advise how did you flash back to older version bios ? i have the same motherboard as u.

I tried downloading 0403 and 1003 and using the bios rename.

But when trying to flash, ez flash say "selected file is not a proper bios"

Im currently on version 2005, but i can run ezflash bios version 2005 and flash again without issue

ardennguyen
Level 7
Same problem with 2005 on Z490I...

sookainian
Level 8
OK ISSUE SOLVED.

Those there is no issue with GPU Bios V3.

Main problem is motherboard bios. DONT USE BIOS VERSION 2005

I manage to downgrade bios by using the Asus Bios Flashback Button at the rear of the motherboard.

1.Download the bios version 1003 to the USB and rename the file
2. plug to the rear of the motherboard bios USB port
3. Press and hold the bios flash back button 3 sec and wait for it to flash.
4. Wait for it to be done...................
5. Boot into bios, turn off CSM and turn on Rebar.

it's all working now after many days of troubleshooting. When i go into my Nvidia control panel, system info, rebar show YES.

The black screen issue after Vbios update is caused by the motherboard bios 2005.

DONT USE BIOS 2005

Yakumo
Level 9
sebagsm wrote:

This goes for all boards and all makes, it is not a BIOS fault or a VBIOS problem and your card was probably never bricked. To use Resizable Bar in Windows you must have CSM disabled in the BIOS, so your OS must be able to boot in EUFI mode and have a GPT format boot drive (it is possible and non-destructive to convert to this).

With CSM enabled all systems will black screen instead if Resizable Bar is left enabled in the BIOS.

I just read that IOMMU isolation for PCI VM passthrough can also cause this.

Yakumo wrote:
This goes for all boards and all makes, it is not a BIOS fault or a VBIOS problem and your card was probably never bricked. To use Resizable Bar in Windows you must have CSM disabled in the BIOS, so your OS must be able to boot in EUFI mode and have a GPT format boot drive (it is possible and non-destructive to convert to this).

With CSM enabled all systems will black screen instead if Resizable Bar is left enabled in the BIOS.

I just read that IOMMU isolation for PCI VM passthrough can also cause this.

Disagree.... Im sure its motherboard bios problem as V2005 is a beta bios....

When i was on MB bios v2005, CSM is disable and UEFI and GPT format. All i get was black screen.

I read somewhere someone downgrade their MB bios and it solved. So i tried it just now. And it solved for me too !

Anyway Z490 bios version 2005 disable CSM automatically when u activate ReBar. And i've double and tripple checked CSM was disable. But this still cause black screen issue.

This black screen issue is solved when i downgrade to MB version 1003.

sookainian wrote:
Disagree.... Im sure its motherboard bios problem as V2005 is a beta bios....

When i was on MB bios v2005, CSM is disable and UEFI and GPT format. All i get was black screen.

I read somewhere someone downgrade their MB bios and it solved. So i tried it just now. And it solved for me too !

Anyway Z490 bios version 2005 disable CSM automatically when u activate ReBar. And i've double and tripple checked CSM was disable. But this still cause black screen issue.

This black screen issue is solved when i downgrade to MB version 1003.

I did the same (downgrade to 1003) and i can also confirm that it fixed my problem and also enabled resizable bar successfully (RTX 3070 EVGA + Strix Z490-G)

Thanks