cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace old HD with Cloned drive

codeostego
Level 7
Gents,

So I'm stuck. I've cloned my original SSD NVM and replaced it with a much larger one. I used Macrium Reflect Free. After verifying the partitions were correct I switched out the HD and now it only goes to bios. No bootable drives are recognized. I manually try to change the boot path to an .efi file and it continues to boot to bios. I've disabled fast bios. Disabled secure boot. Did a bootable USB from macrium that doesn't work. What the hell am I doing wrong? The drive shows up on my alt laptop with all folders no issues. Prior to the bios issue it would give me a windows has encountered a problem 0x000000e error. I reclined and now have the it only booting into bios. The old drive I now have to manually boot into other OS and run windows 10 from a disk 4. Sorry I've been looking to every post and figured this would be easy so screw me.......Thank you

Edit

I've got a temporary fix. The drive auto boots to the windows 10 recovery option every time. I can choose to boot to a different windows installation and it boots up. However when I cloned the drive to a 2TB nvm drive it only shows the capacity as 237 GB which is the old one that's no longer plugged in. How do I get it to utilize the whole drive now?

How do I get it to autoboot into windows without having to go through the recovery options?

Edit - recloned the drive. Needed to allocate the space manually prior to me cloning the drive via macrium. Next step is getting it out of recovery mode and having to manually boot the OS.

Issue has been resolved

I just reset windows and kept my personnel files. This fixed the recovery issue.
0 REPLIES 0