CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15s Chroma
    CaseFractal Design Meshify 2 TG Dark
    Power SupplySeasonic 850W Titanium
    Keyboard HyperX Alloy Origins
    Mouse A4tech BLOODY J95
    Headset HyperX Cloud
    OS W10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Ataemonus View Post
    Also, I have a feeling that the coil whine is related to the iGPU. Or rather, the iGPU VRM.
    This should be easy to verify with either an F CPU, or even better, with an APEX board which is lacking the iGPU VRM part.
    Apex 13 coil whine too soo...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

OK, so not related to the iGPU VRM then.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    https://www.overclock.net/threads/ov.../post-28784139
    0801 adds acoustic noise mitigation option, search for it,
    enable it and
    try slow slew rate fast/4
    Thank you for coming back to us Shamino. I tried the 0707 BIOS and there is still Coil Whine. I have not yet tried the 0801 version but from what someone else has already said it seems that this does not fix this issue either (Board is Hero XIII).

I personally want to start using this computer properly for work as well as gaming but feel in a bit of a rut to be honest with the coil whine issue, I am not happy with the noise it seems excessive for a £450+ board.

I was looking forward to the experience of building a new PC and this really has taken the edge off.

Will it be possible for BIOS changes to fix the coil whine or is this something that is inherently going to be part of this/these board/s? (I am on still on the fence slightly as to whether I send the board back/RMA).

Thanks

ROG Enthusiast Array

Also using XIII Hero here, PSU is Corsair RM850x, GPU is Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super, 2 WD SATA HDD , 1 Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD on M.2_3 slot, I have no coil whine on first day of completing build and running, both 8pin CPU is plugged on the motherboard, BIOS was 0232, updated to 0605, no coil whine either, I am very picky, sensitive and high standard to noises, so my environment is always quiet as it needed to be, right now most obvious noises that I can hear from the case is my NZXT Z73 AIO Cooler pump and that is also quiet enough (I had to get my head closer to the case to be able to hear it). So could anyone with this motherboard and coil whine issue record it, upload to Youtube and let me hear it so I can know what kind of coil whine noise is it and double triple check if my motherboard have this kind of noise for you guys.
    Last edited by mijingakure; 05-02-2021 at 04:38 PM.

If you can hear the pump, that is not even close to quiet. The most obvious noice, when the CPU is in idle and coil whine is to minimum, is the bubbles in my Pepsi can. Otherwise, I have to get very close to the case to hear the coil whine, but the fans in the system are literally un-hearable, at least by me.
    Coil whine becomes noticeable in certain conditions, described previously.

ROG Enthusiast Array

all AIO pump always have noise, it depands your standard, perhaps your level of quiet is when you attach your ear to the pump and you still can not hear anything, then thats a different story, my pump's noise isnt that noticable at all, i think you are being particular to what I said, what I meant is there is minimum noise i can hear from my case , if wanting to pick a noise that I can hear, it would be the pump, AND I have to get my head very close to the case to hear it, are you telling me theres no noise at all from your case , no noise from you fan or cooler, even when you get your head very close to the case ? and you can only hear your coil whine ? I am very keen to hear your silent computer if you can record and put it up on youtube, if you still dont understand then theres nothing i can do, I am just trying to help. to add more information, i am also running 10900k, c-states auto, asus armory installed. what audio/video player are you using that you can hear coil whine when audio/video are played? what cpu cooler are you using, how many fans do you have in your case? and what rpm , dba are they? if i put a coke can on my table of course the bubble would be the loudest thing in my room as well, much louder than my pump if you still dont know how quiet my pump is, anyway why don't you record the coil whine and put it up on youtube ?

anyway I've heard coil whine from 1 of my old old graphics card many years ago, also seem youtubers video like Linus showing coil whines, i know what kind of noise that is, and i was very uncomfortable to hear it and if i can hear anything like coil whine, i would definitely notice it since i hate it and i am very senstive to it, was what i meant.
    Last edited by mijingakure; 05-02-2021 at 07:32 PM.

Well, there are 3 possiblities.
    1. Your board has no coil whine, which I doubt, honestly.
    2. You cannot hear the coil noise, as it's usually faint and not very high pitched, due to the pump or other noises.
    3. You cannot hear the coil noise because your hearing is not picking up the frequency, it happens, with age one starts hearing some frequencies but stop hearing others.

ROG Enthusiast Array

ok yeah yeah i will just leave it to you then, its always other people's problem not yours, i've seem some ppl like your kind, just wanna say instead of judging every XIII Hero board have coil whine like yours or judging other people's hearing problem. perhaps you should try different PSU or GFX, and also google it, yes there are few posts that saying they have coil whine also but ii've also seem other posts saying their XIII Hero doesn't have coil whine either, just because you have it does not mean everyone else must have it, if others not have it then it must be other people's hearing issue wow, okay lol
    Last edited by mijingakure; 05-02-2021 at 08:42 PM.

I loled, thank you for that.

ROG Member Array blukas69 PC Specs
    blukas69 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XIII (0402)
    Processor10900K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL14~F4-3600C1
    Graphics Card #1ASUS TUF 3060 OC 12GBVRAM
    Sound CardMOBO
    Storage #1Firecuda 520 SSD ZP000GM30002
    Storage #2INLAND 2T
    CPU CoolerDH-15 BLACK CROMAX
    CaseASUS GT501
    Power SupplySEA SONIC 750 PRIME TX
    OS WIN 10 PRO

The only coil whine i notice is on boot up only. benching gameing or surfing web. its quiet.
    really noticeable on boot for me only.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast