Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

ROG Strix X670E-E wired network problem on Win11 (driver issue?)

I just put together a new Windows 11 system based on the Rog Strix X670E-E Gaming motherboard. I have been troubleshooting a wired network problem this week. In short, the Intel Ethernet i225-V (rev3) drivers (1.0.2.14 and 1.1.3.28) do not work well on transmit/upload traffic across the Internet for me (weirdly, internal home network file transfers work fine).

I've tested the same physical cabling with multiple other systems and they work fine (Windows 11 also but different wired NICs).

Running the same network speed and copy tests when booted from a Ubuntu live USB shows no problems.

During the Win11 build I didn't notice a problem as I was mostly just downloading apps/drivers. When I started gaming (MSFS/PUBG/DCS) and transferring files up to Google Drive I noticed the network on transmit would fall off to almost nothing. This was confirmed with speed test runs as well.

At least the WiFi connectivity works great, but I have a wired connection and I want to be able to use it.

My next step is try to flip through more Intel I225-V Win11 drivers in search of a fix. Anyone run into something similar on these Intel I225-V NICs?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

I have provided an answer that will be useful to you here : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ivers-Question

*none of this fixes the connection issue with wired network. I just purchased a rog strix z690-f and have this same issue. I should not have to buy a pcie nic card as a workaround to your faulty motherboards.

ROG Enthusiast Array Schrotty74 PC Specs
    Schrotty74 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WIFI
    ProcessorAMD 7700x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB, DDR5-6000, CL36
    Graphics Card #1iGPU
    Sound CardOnboard
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseFractal Torrent Compact
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200
    Keyboard Sharkoon
    Mouse Logitech G703
    OS Windows 11 22H2
    Network RouterFritz!Box 6660 Cable

Thumbs up

I have also big problem with the Intel i225-V on the Asus Strix x670e E Gaming Wifi and use Windows 11 22H2. I have test many driver and always the same issues. When I do a network test, the speed is correct, but I still get errors from my provider. If I do a test from another device, but everything fits. If you unplug the LAN cable and plug it back in, I only have 10% of the speed and I have to restart the router to get the LAN working again. I also have this only on the PC. LAN cable I have already tested various without improvement. Therefore, it is 100% an issue with the installed Intel LAN chip, which is very annoying at the overpriced price for the motherboard.
    Last edited by Schrotty74; 10-14-2022 at 11:30 AM.

ROG Member Array

I have an i225-V (rev3)

I have an i225-V (rev3), I use the driver directly from Intel version 2.1.1.7, of all the ones I tried it works the best.

ROG Enthusiast Array Schrotty74 PC Specs
    Schrotty74 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WIFI
    ProcessorAMD 7700x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB, DDR5-6000, CL36
    Graphics Card #1iGPU
    Sound CardOnboard
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseFractal Torrent Compact
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200
    Keyboard Sharkoon
    Mouse Logitech G703
    OS Windows 11 22H2
    Network RouterFritz!Box 6660 Cable

I use the Driver from @MoKiChU.

ROG Member Array

Updated my drivers as above but that didn't resolve the issue. Couldn't find the 2.1.1.7 drivers to try them. So forget the speed test. In real world use, my wired NIC is just bad. With it enabled, MSFS cannot complete loading and file copies up to Google Drive do not work. The file copies work fine when booted from an Ubuntu Live USB drive.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bison963 View Post
    I have an i225-V (rev3), I use the driver directly from Intel version 2.1.1.7, of all the ones I tried it works the best.
    can you link me to 2.1.1.7 driver that you installed, thank you

ROG Member Array

This is still a problem. Updated drivers as laid out in this thread are not helpful so far. (I'm amazed at the problems I see with the i225-v on Asus MB dating back two years ago and it's still a problem)

Moderator Array

Hi shokwavxb,
    Does the issue also occur on bios 0705 with bios all default settings(no OC) and Intel LAN Driver V1.0.2.14?
    Does it occur every time you start games and upload files to google drive?
    Have you tried with other router and ISP lines?
    Thank you.

ROG Member Array

BIOS is on 0705 and I've tried so many different drivers including the latest from Intel itself and the ones listed in this thread. I have not begun to OC yet. I even have memory timings set lower than their advertised timings/freq just to keep the system stable.

This issue happens 99.9% of the time I launch MSFS or try to file copy to Google Drive. PUBG kindof works but is super sluggish with the wired NIC. Going to the wireless NIC fixes all this. I found something weird for that other 0.1% of the time where I've updated the driver, re-enabled the NIC in Win11 then tested. It would work find that 0.1% of the time but on a reboot it would not work again.

I have moved the cable to multiple routers and directly to my FIOS router. I also brought in other Win11 systems and Linux systems in my house and plugged into the
    exact same physical wire from the x670e. They all work fine. As I indicated above, using the same system and booting with a current Ubuntu Live USB stick instead of into Win11, I can do file transfers and perf testing fine using the same built-in Intel i225-v NIC. So I think its a driver problem. But who knows, I've noticed so many problems with the Intel i225-v in other forums (including here).

I have an AIB wired NIC coming in today to put in the avail PCIe slot. If that works and there is no other solution from ASUS, I will be looking to return this motherboard.

[UPDATE] I put in the AIB Realtek card and this NIC works fine. There is something wrong with my Intel i225-v on the Asus x6700E-E Gaming with either the physical port (which doesn't seem likely since running under Ubuntu it works fine) or the driver/firmware (which I have not found one working correctly yet.
    Last edited by shokwavxb; 10-19-2022 at 01:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast