cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Zephyrus G GA502DU Fails Windows BIOS update - sits at ROG logo

ltsiver
Level 7
This laptop has done this every time there is a BIOS update - Windows 10 will fetch it and run it automagically.
I find out it happens as I'll wake up in the middle of the night and the laptop is sitting at the ROG logo, not doing anything.
Each time, I have to push and hold the power button for 20 seconds (to reset BIOS to Default Settings), then boot into windows.
Then I can use the MyAsus app to download the EZ Flash version, then use the advanced restart settings from the settings menu to get into UEFI settings, then use the Asus EZ Flash 3 in the settings to update the BIOS firmware. (If I don't do the firmware update manually, windows update will attempt to again install it at some indeterminate time, and the issue of it sitting at the ROG logo will happen again.)

Is there any way to resolve this problem so it does the BIOS update from windows without hanging at the ROG Logo?
3 REPLIES 3

BigJohnny
Level 13
Sounds like you have already found the solution. Just use EZ flash.

BigJohnny wrote:
Sounds like you have already found the solution. Just use EZ flash.

Sure. But I shouldn't have to do that every time they issue a new BIOS update.

Blake1
Level 10
Hi Itsiver,
Well...not every BIOS would go to Windows update, only the necessary ones.
But even if the BIOS is updated from Windows update, there will still be an notification telling you that there is an BIOS update,
and you need to click yes/ok to proceed the auto update.
During the update, you may not disconnect the adapter or close the lid.
So not sure if there is anything missing at this part or something went wrong during the update.
We may keep track of this issue and share more detail about it.
Thank you.