Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Ok, I have done everything listed above, and none of it helped. Also, the bbkX models have a lower resolution screen than the normal g74s. Basically, asus is behind in the gaming laptop field. Until they make an SLI model, they are going to be last.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I would guess something is wrong. Others do not have this problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqkqxdYsYAo
    (ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... )
    MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
    RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
    SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

New ROGer Array

I have a G74sx as well. Brand new, not even 1 month old. I can pretty run most game around 60 fps on high settings, however in Skyrim I have around 20 or lower in Ultra details. Only 50 fps in medium graphic.

Have seen a lot people playing Skyrim flawless on ultra with this laptop.

Anyone figured out what to do here?

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array fuzon1337's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newborn View Post
    I have a G74sx as well. Brand new, not even 1 month old. I can pretty run most game around 60 fps on high settings, however in Skyrim I have around 20 or lower in Ultra details. Only 50 fps in medium graphic.

Have seen a lot people playing Skyrim flawless on ultra with this laptop.

Anyone figured out what to do here?
    It could be because of the throttling issue that have not been fixed yet. But there is a temporarily fix about how stop the throttling:
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

Have you installed any new patch lately for that game ?
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
    - BIOS 205

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by fuzon1337 View Post
    It could be because of the throttling issue that have not been fixed yet. But there is a temporarily fix about how stop the throttling:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I bought the game in steam so I guess it's getting updated automaticly. I will give your link a try.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array fuzon1337's Avatar

Hmm.... which nVidia driver are you on now ?
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
    - BIOS 205

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by fuzon1337 View Post

Just want to inform that my skyrim runs much better now, it runs 40FPS at ultra and sometimes drop down to 25 fps. Much better than what I used to have.

I'm using the latest driver for the lap: Nvidia 296.10

Thank you for your help.

Seems the OP was having the same issues I am, though none of the fixes have seemed to help me. Enabling and disabling Vsync made no difference, unparking all cores of my i7 and running Throttlestop made no difference, Turning off every one of the mods I have installed made no difference, and even dropping all the graphic settings to low/medium all STILL keeps me in the low 20's range for FPS in Skyrim. I'm completely at a loss for ideas now, aside from completely removing the game and doing a clean install of it from square one to see if there's any improvement.

If anyone can offer any further ideas that might be causing the issue, I'm all ears. I'm really hoping that there's just some bonehead setting that I've overlooked or something I've goofed up without realizing it.

Edit: I suppose it would help if I annotated my system's specs (late night typing of an exhausted dad after getting his kid to bed):
    G74Sx w/ BIOS 201 (official)
    Intel 2630QM
    14GB RAM
    5400RPM 640gb HDD
    NVidia GeForce GTX 560M w/ 3gb VRAM
    Last edited by Spook50; 01-10-2013 at 02:20 AM.
    Roses are red
    Bacon is also red
    I'm not good at poetry
    Bacon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2