Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fatih55 View Post
    Hello to everyone,
    I also have a 5900x processor. i just want to make pbo or oc to improve game performance. Which would you recommend and how would I do it? It was mentioned that there is a video on youtube can anyone give a link? I also use 2x16gb pny xlr8 brand 3600mhz cl 18 ram. how do i do oc for ram. Thank you in advance for those who reply.
    Hello,

What is the PC's intended purpose?

Which motherboard?

Your memory is already overclocked, 3600MHz is beyond stock specification (PC3200).

You can enable PBO from the Extreme Tweaker Menu

Check memory stability before attempting to OC further. Use a memory stress test such as HCI Memtest Pro or Karhu Ramtest.

Gains on this platform are very limited, depending on the stability margin on the memory kit, you can try opting for a lower CAS latency.

New ROGer Array

motherboard

r9 5900x cpu
    asus rog stix 3070ti 8gb oc gpu
    asus tuf gaming x570 plus wifi
    COUGAR MX660 MESH RGB 4x120mm RGB MESH GEX 850W 80PLUS GOLD MidT ATX
    Lian Li Galahad 240mm ARGB All-in-One CPU Liquid Cooler

How do you think I can overclock the processor, graphics card and ram in this system? Not for rendering, just to improve game performance. because the monitor I use has a refresh rate of 280 hz and is in 1080p resolution. I need to get better performance to feel 280hz in fps games like pubg, so I want to overclock. may I help you?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Fatih55 View Post
    Hello to everyone,
    I also have a 5900x processor. i just want to make pbo or oc to improve game performance. Which would you recommend and how would I do it? It was mentioned that there is a video on youtube can anyone give a link? I also use 2x16gb pny xlr8 brand 3600mhz cl 18 ram. how do i do oc for ram. Thank you in advance for those who reply.
    I used this guide and am getting 5Ghz+ with a 5800x on a C7H MB. All the settings can be changed under the advanced /amd overclocking tab of the BIOS. I've also found a couple of articles and threads that talk more in depth about what each of the settings actually do but this is a nice jumping off point.
    Note: I have a geothermal water cooling system that has the capacity to remove all the heat my rig is capable of producing. So YMMV.
    https://albertherd.com/2021/01/16/ov...rve-optimizer/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2