cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Temp Fix for the update loop - And updates not installing

cronkllr
Level 7
So after trying and looking on all the forum post here with the update loop issues Or when you hit update and it does nothing but take you back to the same update now . I found a way to fix it without all that regedit and other crap.

armory crate has a issue if you uninstall it VIA add/remove progrms. { it wont delete all nessicary entries and files }
I found this.

Step 1. run this program.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Armoury_Crate_Uninstall_Tool.zip

Step 2. Restart PC

Step 3. Install this
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/ArmouryCrateInstallTool.zip

It will now install and update all components properly.

!!!!Step 4. IMPORTANT - DO NOT CLICK CHECK FOR UPDATES AFTER. or it will still show it needs to be updated ( it seems when you click check for updates after, there is a bug that will show that your device kits are outdated. Mine showed it went back to 1.01.09 - AS LONG AS YOU DONT CLICK CHECK FOR UPDATE AFTER. Your good. !!!
7 REPLIES 7

Al3xG
Level 9
I have this loop issue! And after that I can't open my devices tab. But it seems after reboot AC will automatically find these updates and block tabs again

Al3xG wrote:
I have this loop issue! And after that I can't open my devices tab. But it seems after reboot AC will automatically find these updates and block tabs again

I am going to test something out right now.. I will let you know if it works.. If it is what I think is causing the problem, the workaround may be possible.

I will update in 30 min

Al3xG
Level 9
I have checked . Your fix works till next reboot and it shows loop update. This AC crap will never work as intended...i guess. I am fed of this and will never buy Asus again

asus hardware is great but like many companies have priorities all messed up
asus: lets use robots to build a quality product
also asus: we spent all our budget on robots whos gonna write our software?
asus again: i know lets ask the window cleaner to write the code

I really want a fix for the high cpu usage 2% is way to much, i already fixed random color flashes on my g skill memory but it comes at cost of 4% cpu usage instead of 2% on lightningservice.exe other rgb apps controling my memory rgb have 0% cpu usage, the cpu usage is not result of aura performance mode toggling that has no impact on cpu load, im frustated to hear nothing about cpu usage problem with lightningservice.exe

I followed all of the steps to correct a similar problem, but doesn´t work.

The application works well, but when i try to download tools or updates, it stops at 55%.

Can´t find any solution in everywhere. Sad, very sad

THIS IS WORKING!

thank you!

I spent hours to get it fix, countless reboots yet still needs update again and again.

Come on ASUS, ROG is your premium product, fix this.