cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus strix vega 64

ThaCrash
Level 7
Send my Asus Strix Vega 64 in through the store where i bought it in Germany on the 13th of March.
I haven't gotten any clear solution provided yet, only thing i have heard is that they are waiting for a credit note from Asus, although all of the warranty information listed by Asus, says that they will repair or provide a replace of the same quality or better. So is this normal behavior from Asus Repair to not honor the warranty listed on their own sites?
5 REPLIES 5

Blake1
Level 10
Hi there,
credit note means it is proceeding replacement or refund to you, isn't it?
Or there is another meaning for credit note from your side?
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hi there,
credit note means it is proceeding replacement or refund to you, isn't it?
Or there is another meaning for credit note from your side?
Thank you.

On my side it would mean a replacement is out of the question, and that paired with a previous message i got:
"due to the age of the card an exchange is unfortunately not possible. In order for us to determine your credit, we need the manufacturer's credit in advance."

It sounds like the "credit note" wont even cover what i payed for the card. Maybe my english is bad, but a credit note would never hint at either a replacement or refund. It would only point at a (partial or full) refund.

Blake1
Level 10
Hi there,
Then it's meaning refund for your case.
We need to check for your invoice or the record from the retailer for the amount of money you pay for the product (credit) then we can proceed credit back.
The refund would be ASUS to retailer, retailer to you.
Sorry for the confusion.
Thank you for your feedback.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hi there,
Then it's meaning refund for your case.
We need to check for your invoice or the record from the retailer for the amount of money you pay for the product (credit) then we can proceed credit back.
The refund would be ASUS to retailer, retailer to you.
Sorry for the confusion.
Thank you for your feedback.

That does not answer my original question at all. You aren't honoring the warranty that you say you will provide.

I just don't see how this:
"If the Product fails during normal and proper use within the Warranty Period, ASUS, at its discretion, will repair or replace the defective parts of the Product or the Product itself, with new or reconditioned parts or products that are functionally equivalent or superior to those orignally supplied."

How can this possibly turn into a refund. We all know the status of the GPU market, so deciding on a refund in this market, is basically just a giant middle finger to your customers, a giant middle finger that isn't what your warranty is promising to fullfill.