cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see Bluetooth is installed on my Z590-F Gaming

imacken
Level 8
I know it's a crazy question, but why can't I see BT listed in Device Manager? I tried installing the driver, but nothing seems to happen, and it is enabled in BIOS.
Any help appreciated.
15 REPLIES 15

Saltgrass
Level 13
I assume you are seeing the Wi-Fi Network adapter? Someone mentioned, I believe, the board has two Bios.. If that is true, is it enabled in both?

If you can't see it in the Device Manager then the Bios isn't picking it up. Maybe try disabling it in the Bios for a while then turn it back on after having rebooted at least once.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Thanks.
I see the wi-fi network adapter OK, but I have wi-fi off. Ethernet cable.
What do you mean 2 BIOS? Not sure.

OK, so I cleared CMOS, loaded Optimised default settings, and still no sign of BT.
I cleared the driver with RAPR.EXE and still nothing.
This used to work fine. I think it's only since the recent BIOS update that this has occurred.

No, it’s not the BIOS, I went back to the original one and it made no difference. Â*

So, I contacted ASUS support, and after the usual 'reinstall drivers/Windows' routine, they told me - surprise, surprise - to RMA the board.

Why are they incapable of ever offering more than that?

Still, I guess no one here is answering with any suggestions either, so I don't get it.

This thread is old already but here is my situation. I have Z590-E. Same in my case the BT was not available in device manager. I found a workaround on the internet. You shutdown the computer and disconnect the power cable from the PSU. Reconnect the power cable and start the computer and boom the BT is there. I have this board for about a month and it happened to me three times.
I hope this helps until the problem is solved by Asus for good.

imacken wrote:
So, I contacted ASUS support, and after the usual 'reinstall drivers/Windows' routine, they told me - surprise, surprise - to RMA the board.

Why are they incapable of ever offering more than that?

Still, I guess no one here is answering with any suggestions either, so I don't get it.

Old thread? I only started it a few days ago!
Anyway, that aside, you are a star! That worked perfectly, and now everything is all good!
Thanks a lot.

fandrej68 wrote:
This thread is old already but here is my situation. I have Z590-E. Same in my case the BT was not available in device manager. I found a workaround on the internet. You shutdown the computer and disconnect the power cable from the PSU. Reconnect the power cable and start the computer and boom the BT is there. I have this board for about a month and it happened to me three times.

I have a Asus Z590-I in a brand new Intel 11700k build. Everything worked great until I updated with the Asus 0707 BIOS update thinking It may help solve another issue with XMP II memory compatibility. Upon update and boot all my bluetooth devices stopped working and I found that BT was not appearing or available in device manager. Tried everything under the sun to reinstall BT drivers (setup file didn't initialize - nothing happened), cycle BT controller OFF/ON in BIOS, downgraded BIOS back to the 0605 version (my previous version where BT worked) but nothing worked - eventually found my BT device was 'hidden' in the device manager (you have to enable 'Show Hidden Devices') and tried to manually force new drivers that way - Didn't work - I was getting a message with something like 'BT device not connected' within the device manager. Even uninstalled the BT devices thinking it might snap my system into reinstalling the drivers - it didn't. Conclusion was that the motherboard/BIOS simply didn't see the attached BT device thinking there was nothing there. Contact Asus support that directed me to do the things I already did like 'reinstall BT drivers' and requested me to RMA and send the board in to ASUS with an estimated 4 week turnaround. I don't know about you guys but it took me at least 3-4 hours to carefully assemble my PC only to hear I had to disassemble everything, ship the board, wait 4 weeks, then reassemble everything over again... I was ready to proceed with the RMA and decided to check out the ASUS forums one last time and found this solution here:

Unplug PSU, wait 30 sec, plug back in, boot, AND MAGIC!!! - BLUETOOTH IS BACK!!! (for now....) This has saved me loads of time. Hopefully wont have to do it again...at least I will know what to do.

fandrej68 wrote:

You are a star!

Same problem- device manager suddenly cannot find bluetooth on my Maximus XIII motherboard. Tried all the usual stuff - cleared CMOS, reset BIOS (v 1202) settings to optimised defaults, reset Windows 10, etc. etc and nothing worked until your solution!!

What a colossal waste of time. Seems like some sort of a motherboard BIOS bug.

Thank you very much for your solution!