cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus XIII Hero Slow Boot Time

i4eneco
Level 7
Hey ROG-forum members,
my 6 year old Asus Maximus VIII Hero with i7-6700k Processor and a Samsung 950 Pro boots twice as fast as my new build consisting of the following parts:

Motherboard: Asus Maximus XIII Hero (latest non-beta-bios: 0605 installed, default settings, no overclocking)
Processor: Intel i7-11700k
RAM: 4*8GB Corsair RGB Pro SL 3600Mhz
.m2_1: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (PCIE 4.0 SSD)
.m2_3: Samsung 970 Evo Plus (PCIE 3.0 SSD)
.m2_4: Samsung 970 Evo Plus (PCIE 3.0 SSD)
GPU: Amd Radeon 6900 XT

I have already read about this here where people are also experiencing the same issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/lmzh9v/new_motherboard_asus_rog_maximus_xiii_hero_z59...

Is there any solution? Problem with chipset? Problem with PCIE4 drivers? Problem with Samsung 980 Pro? Anyone experiencing the same issue?
kind regards
16 REPLIES 16

Mutaz2019
Level 8
Hi;
I have ROG Z590-F WIFI and I7 11700K
I don't have any problems
make this maybe help you (in Bios):

Ai Overclock Tuner : XMP I

Asus Armoury Crate : Disable
https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=83917&d=1580168219&thumb=1

Launch CSM : Disable

OS type : secure boot : windows UEFI Mode >> Standard
https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=56761&d=1460127686&thumb=1

Don't forget make save change and reset

I haven't thought about Armoury Crate yet, but I've read that it can slow down the pc. I will try to reinstall Windows without it and tell if this makes a difference. Should I use Aura Sync for RGB Sync instead of Armoury Crate?

Zardoc
Level 10
Hi,

I have the WiFi A version and my slower boot issues are with the sound driver not loading for almost ten seconds on boot.

Try this, remove sound driver with DDU then remove all Realtek and volute drivers form the store using the Driver store Explorer HERE. Reboot. You should see USB 2.0 as sound. Time your boot and post results.

I submitted a ticket to Asus. They are investigating.

Zardoc wrote:
Hi,

I have the WiFi A version and my slower boot issues are with the sound driver not loading for almost ten seconds on boot.

Try this, remove sound driver with DDU then remove all Realtek and volute drivers form the store using the Driver store Explorer HERE. Reboot. You should see USB 2.0 as sound. Time your boot and post results.

I submitted a ticket to Asus. They are investigating.

Another excellent hint, it feels like something is wrong with the currently available drivers. Imho not a good start for the platform: 2021/03/30 just a beta bios available and a lot of "beta" drivers and buggy firmwares/microcodes around, hopefully it will get better soon

Saltgrass
Level 13
What driver are you showing for the Samsung 980?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
What driver are you showing for the Samsung 980?

Samsung 980 has no driver. You have to use MS default driver.

Zardoc wrote:
Samsung 980 has no driver. You have to use MS default driver.

Thanks, but the question was for the OP, who has not responded. I am aware, which is why I asked the question...

Just a note, I am getting full PCIe 4 advertised speeds using a 11th Gen processor and the Win 10 driver. A Samsung NVMe driver will bluescreen or perhaps cause other problems, with the 980..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

sorry guys, I haven't answered yet, because I am busy right now, I will respond when I know more what's causing the startup delay. I think it's the realtek sound driver. By the way I am using the standard 980 Pro Win10 driver since so far there is no Samsung PCIE4 NVME driver (at least what I know)

Legolas
Level 9
There is difference in Z590 and Z170 platform (circuit, controller and processor) so there is some impact of performance of boot up. You might want to install latest chipset from Intel if you are using Asus chipset driver and see the difference. You can also try to see if there is firmware for Samsung.
Sincerely,
Legolas