cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant BSODs after v3 Bios Update - 3080 Strix OC

dmbrio
Level 7
Hi,

I've been having constant BSODs after installing the vBIOS v3 (resizable bar update).

I tried everything already (DDU, Driver reinstall, Motherboard BIOS rollback) and the issue persists. Happens randomly when I'm browsing or starting a match. 100% sure the RCA is the v3 BIOS. CSM is disabled of course and I have no issues enabling resizable bar, the issue occurs with and without it enabled.

ASUS launched a v4 BIOS yesterday but the .exe does not let me update (Your graphic card no need to update bios).

I've tried rolling back to v2 but the .exe also does not let me.

How can I update my BIOS to v4 or rollback to v2?

Current BIOS is: 94.02.42.00.D6
3 REPLIES 3

sumsum
Level 7
your Bios seems to be up to date, because Current BIOS is: 94.02.42.00.D6

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Use NVFlash to revert back to V2 BIOS. You can download the correct BIOS from TPU if you did not save it. https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

Open an elevated command prompt as admin

nvflash --protectoff
nvflash64 --save biosname.rom [Save current]
nvflash64 -6 biosname.rom [Flash V2 BIOS]

It's likely flashing the card is a red herring and the issue is elsewhere, however you can try reverting for the sake of troubleshooting
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

Use NVFlash to revert back to V2 BIOS. You can download the correct BIOS from TPU if you did not save it. https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

Open an elevated command prompt as admin

nvflash --protectoff
nvflash64 --save biosname.rom [Save current]
nvflash64 -6 biosname.rom [Flash V2 BIOS]

It's likely flashing the card is a red herring and the issue is elsewhere, however you can try reverting for the sake of troubleshooting

Hey man, thanks for your reply.

I am not sure which BIOS to get, all Strix 3080 OC that I can see there have different BIOS versions and there is no indication it is the v2. I did not save it unfortunately. Is there a way for me to know or can I download any of them (3080 strix oc of course).

There was no issue before I flashed the card. I updated to try resizable bar and the issues started after that, with resizable bar on and off, so my only guess is the vBIOS, I already rolled back my Motherboard BIOS and the issues were gone for a while, but now my screen turns black and the PC restarts just as before.

I will wait for your reply to find out which BIOS is the correct one and rollback, hopefully it will work.

Edit:

I was able to use Nvflash (nvflash64 is not used anymore) and rolled back to v2, then upgraded to v4. If v4 gives me issues I will go back to v2 and live my life.

Let's see how it goes in the next days.