cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the Hell is RSVD Switch?

badcatsclaws
Level 7
Well, Today I noticed that I've been using it as Enabled for who knows how long. It's a little switch on the board.

My mobo is Rog Zenith Extreme and manual clearly says that it's for authorized technicians only and must be kent disabled. Otherwise it may cause system failure.

Maybe ı'm using it like this since the day 1. (3 years) I didn't notice any issues but I wonder how much harm did I make?

I couldn't find any information on the net about this switch. Only information I found is that it's related with cold boot bug but this motherboard has LN2 mode Jumper for cold boot bug. So it must be for something else. :confused:
4 REPLIES 4

AS185
Level 10
Hey badcatsclaws,

I have no idea either. Mine is turned off since day one.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
It stands for "Really Secret Voodoo DIP switch" and if I told you what it was for I'd have to kill you

😉

This Should be disabled!
RSVD (AKA Slow Mode Switch)
This should only be enabled when using EXTREME OVERCLOCKING or EXTREME BENCH TESTS, or using LN2 EXTREME COOLING
When this is switched on it will decrease the CPU frequency and stabilize your system, helping with your extreme overclock settings
This can damage your system if enabled, when not needed
Please double check your Manual and Ensure it is Disabled

speedy-9 wrote:
This Should be disabled!
RSVD (AKA Slow Mode Switch)
This should only be enabled when using EXTREME OVERCLOCKING or EXTREME BENCH TESTS, or using LN2 EXTREME COOLING
When this is switched on it will decrease the CPU frequency and stabilize your system, helping with your extreme overclock settings
This can damage your system if enabled, when not needed
Please double check your Manual and Ensure it is Disabled

No, it is not. There is a slow switch and RSVD is a diagnostic switch for the Authorized center that activates prone next to it.