cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Update OR Uninstall AC due to Aura Service

indignantgirl
Level 7
Basically, what it says on the tin. The Aura Service (which I don't care about or use) keeps crashing because it can't update, and the event data says AURA Service -- Error 1316. The specified account already exists". Also multiple appcrashes in dxdiag for armouryswagent.exe. All in the last few days. I keep seeing that it's recommended to uninstall AC and then reinstall everything anew, but that's a no-go as well.

I've tried the Uninstaller tool and I get an error that "oh no, Key Exists!" for Aura Service and the whole uninstall fails. (Uninstall Service Fail: 202)

Look, it's one thing to have a working service on my computer, even if I don't want or need it. But this is broken and I can't remove or update it to fix it. It's a problem.
6 REPLIES 6

indignantgirl
Level 7
I ended up doing a system restore so that I could uninstall the old version (if it uninstalled all the way, I'll eat my hat). I'd like to try to reinstall to the newest version, but it doesn't sound like it's any better than the mess I've been dealing with this last week, unfortunately.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Id unistall Aura and move along to something else. It hasnt been without bugs from day one.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you be clear about what you can't update, do you mean up to Armoury Crate 4.0.8.0? Is so, you don't have to do anything except boot up your system and wait for 15-20 minutes (do not open Armoury Crate).

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Can you be clear about what you can't update, do you mean up to Armoury Crate 4.0.8.0? Is so, you don't have to do anything except boot up your system and wait for 15-20 minutes (do not open Armoury Crate).

AC keeps telling me that something isn't installed correctly and directs me to reboot or check the FAQ. Both are useless, because rebooting doesn't help and the FAQ just says to reinstall. My thought was to uninstall in hopes that a fresh copy of AC would install/update itself correctly. However, I was unable to uninstall AC through Windows or through the AC Uninstall Tool, with the errors I mentioned in my first post.

I assume the problem is with Aura Service, which is desperately (and unsuccessfully) trying to uninstall itself behind the scenes, many times a day, according to the Reliability Monitor. Armoury Crate keeps having App Crashes as per my dxdiag. AC has been having a rough week.

I had to do a system restore just to get to an old version of AC that I COULD uninstall with the Uninstaller (though an AC button was still stuck to my Start Menu). I used my esupport file to reinstall AC, hoping for better luck, but now that it has updated itself, it's back to the same old games. "Something isn't installed right; reboot or go to the FAQ."

MasterC@ROG wrote:

Im sorry masterC but wtf are you talking about waiting 15-20 mins for it to auto. update it self? why do something like that without the official website stating this????? and for those wandering whats the only way to fix this is by reinstalling windows. the uninstaller for AC is extremely DOG WATER. it basically doesn't do jack money S***, IF NOT youll have run Ccleaner about thousand times to make sure ALLLLL the AC files are gone. and reboot about 5 times to definitely not find any AC files after each Ccleaner. sorry to voice frustration but when a multi-million dollar company sell out parts faster then they can spit out, I would at least hope for some real utility software to be brought into the equation. THE ONLY GOOD utility in asus arsenal is AI Suite 3. and again this is a reoccurring problem with hundreds of people, on reddit theirs an ocean of people dealing with this same problem. as a company asus should own up to this and give some type of awareness about whats going on with this utility CUZ THIS IS BULLLLLLLLLLPOOOP!!!!!!!

xhitm3n
Level 7
where can i find 4.0.8.0 binaries, i have downloaded v3.0.11.0 but it wont go past installing components and after long time it give error -101, i tried unsintall but cant install again, where can i find the logs for the instalation ?