cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any setting for cpu to increase voltage while on load?

VyperKing
Level 7
I set my vcore around 1.1 and stress tested it and it BSOD. I set it to auto and it comes up as 1.328 in which it passes the test. What i want to do is to set it at 1.1 as idle and when load comes in it can auto go up to 1.328 volts how do i chnage the settings to allow this?
14 REPLIES 14

KILLER_K
Level 10
Hi,
Have you enabled LLC in the bios? You can also adjust the offset voltage if you like to use that feature also. As that will hold it close to what you set in the bios. But it will still drop some under a load. That is just how it works though. Thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
You can use offset mode to provide the additional voltage when your cpu needs it. There is a very good guide posted here on the forum. Look in the sticky.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ok i'll look for the off set mode. thanks.

VyperKing
Level 7
i enabled offset mode and put in 4.9ghz and it automatically set the vcore to 1.640?

What is this?

HiVizMan
Level 40
What was your VCore set to? And what amount of offset voltage did you select?

I would suggest +.200 if your starting point is 1.2volts
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
What was your VCore set to? And what amount of offset voltage did you select?

I would suggest +.200 if your starting point is 1.2volts

With all due respect mate, are you sure thats the best way to do it?

The way I underastand it, you set to offest then amount to auto, boot to windows, stress test it and see what the VCore hits on load, then reeboot and choose manual offset and set the offset amount to the amount you desire to reach target.

IE: If ofset auto hits 1.4 on load, and you want 1.45, you go to bios and adjust the offset figure to +0.040v to add 0.040v to the figure it automatically set under load. Thats how I do it anyway, and it works perfectly.

I suspect doing the way you wrote, he is going to see 1.4v still, but is this because you advised he use manual to start with instead of auto to achieve the base?

With my 4.9ghz daily OC I have 1.05v at idle and 1.44v on load by leaving vcore at auto and setting offset to +0.070

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
i7 3770K @ 4.4ghz
AMD 7970 HD x3 in TriFire @ 1200/1800.
2x 240GHZ OCZ Vertex 3 SSD & 1x 512Gb Vertex 4
16GB 2133mhz Patriot DDR3
Ennermax Max Revo 1500w PSU
Huge water loop with an internal EK 340mm & external Supernova 1260mm
Windows 7 64 bit.

Aquaero Fan control & monitoring

Stu @ MSD wrote:
With all due respect mate, are you sure thats the best way to do it?

The way I underastand it, you set to offest then amount to auto, boot to windows, stress test it and see what the VCore hits on load, then reeboot and choose manual offset and set the offset amount to the amount you desire to reach target.

IE: If ofset auto hits 1.4 on load, and you want 1.45, you go to bios and adjust the offset figure to +0.040v to add 0.040v to the figure it automatically set under load. Thats how I do it anyway, and it works perfectly.

I suspect doing the way you wrote, he is going to see 1.4v still, but is this because you advised he use manual to start with instead of auto to achieve the base?

With my 4.9ghz daily OC I have 1.05v at idle and 1.44v on load by leaving vcore at auto and setting offset to +0.070

hi yeah man i put in offset mode on 5 ghz and it went up to 1.64 and asus suite warned me about high voltage. The funny thing is if i put anything higher than 1.54 manually the mobo won't even complete a POST and tells me it's overvolted. Also if i put in say 1.53 vcore and run intel burn test the pc bsods. I actually ran intel burn test with 1.6 vcore and i passed it but it's too high obviously for 5ghz.

VyperKing wrote:
hi yeah man i put in offset mode on 5 ghz and it went up to 1.64 and asus suite warned me about high voltage. The funny thing is if i put anything higher than 1.54 manually the mobo won't even complete a POST and tells me it's overvolted. Also if i put in say 1.53 vcore and run intel burn test the pc bsods. I actually ran intel burn test with 1.6 vcore and i passed it but it's too high obviously for 5ghz.

Until HiViz man replies, try leaving everything as is and got to offset, change it to "-" then set the offset voltage to 0.100, see if she drops to 1.5v.

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
i7 3770K @ 4.4ghz
AMD 7970 HD x3 in TriFire @ 1200/1800.
2x 240GHZ OCZ Vertex 3 SSD & 1x 512Gb Vertex 4
16GB 2133mhz Patriot DDR3
Ennermax Max Revo 1500w PSU
Huge water loop with an internal EK 340mm & external Supernova 1260mm
Windows 7 64 bit.

Aquaero Fan control & monitoring

Deleted........................