cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5900x - ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR HERO VIII WIFI - GSKILL F4-3600C14D-32GTZN

vincent_guerand
Level 7
Hi,

I am currently in the process of overclocking a new set of RAM that I just bought a couple of weeks ago.

Overclocking process:
First round:
- Turn on DOCP (advertised speed of 3600mhz) -> PC fails to boot
- Set SOC Voltage to 1.2 and PROCODT to 80 ohm -> PC fails to boot

Second Round (Starting at 2133mhz):
- SOC Voltage at 1.1
- DRAM voltage at 1.40
- Timings 16-20-20-40 and tCWL at 16

Was able to get to 3000mhz (unstable going higher). What on earth is going on here??? These are B-DIE and I cannot even hit the advertised speed.

Has someone experienced this issue before? Are we talking a BIOS issue here? BIOS version is 3401 (March 2021)
4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

SOC is sensitive to high voltages also, so you may want to tune values from 1v VSOC with DCOP and work from there. PROCODT can likely be left in Auto.

Also try adjusting IOD VDDG and CCD values.

1-1.05 and CCD around 0.98 to 1.05 IOD
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

SOC is sensitive to high voltages also, so you may want to tune values from 1v VSOC with DCOP and work from there. PROCODT can likely be left in Auto.

Also try adjusting IOD VDDG and CCD values.

1-1.05 and CCD around 0.98 to 1.05 IOD

No luck with DOCP and following the above (Boot loop), This is how I proceeded:
DOCP on
DRAM voltage: 1.45v as advertised by gskill (Set by DOCP)
Timings: 14-15-15-35 as advertised by gskill (Set by DOCP)

Pass 1:
SOC voltage: 1.00
VDDG CCD & IOD: 0.95
VDDP: 0.7
PROCODT : auto
FCLK: 1800mhz

Pass 2:
SOC voltage: 1.05
VDDG CCD & IOD: 1
VDDP: 0.95

Pass 3:
SOC voltage: 1.1
VDDG CCD & IOD: 1.05
VDDP: 1.05

Pass 4:
SOC voltage: 1.125
VDDG CCD & IOD: 1.05
VDDP: 1.05

Any recommendations from here?

Ziggiesden
Level 7
I have the above in my Formula board and I've got a Hero too but that has LPX 64 in it @ 4000MHZ. I had to tweak the voltages to get it to work with the latest BIOS on the Formula. My Hero seems to like the older BIOS's more than the newer one's so if you haven't already tried it flashback to an older one and see if it goes - 3101 I think mine is currently on but I'd have to check! On the train just now so I can't.

vincent.guerandel wrote:
Hi,

I am currently in the process of overclocking a new set of RAM that I just bought a couple of weeks ago.

Overclocking process:
First round:
- Turn on DOCP (advertised speed of 3600mhz) -> PC fails to boot
- Set SOC Voltage to 1.2 and PROCODT to 80 ohm -> PC fails to boot

Second Round (Starting at 2133mhz):
- SOC Voltage at 1.1
- DRAM voltage at 1.40
- Timings 16-20-20-40 and tCWL at 16

Was able to get to 3000mhz (unstable going higher). What on earth is going on here??? These are B-DIE and I cannot even hit the advertised speed.

Has someone experienced this issue before? Are we talking a BIOS issue here? BIOS version is 3401 (March 2021)

I have bought ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII Hero and GSkill F4-3600C14-16GTEGA which is Samsung B-Die and supposed working fine with that motherboard
Unfortunately as soon i set DOC in the bios setting ( updated last version 4201, same for amd chipset.. ) MTB does not boot . Same story when i set manually options.
No way to boot as 3600MHz, just only default condition 2133MHz!!!!
Really disappointed for this such expensive products which at the end are not able to work together in compatibility!!!! What is going on here with this bios????? Does not recognise at all RAM frequency !!!!

I tried all the step also incrasing SOC Voltage, VDD..ecc nothing to do !!!! How is possible to sell something and did not test whether or not works as supposed!

Does anybody know what is going on or same experience?