cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate 4.0.8.0 BUG Tracer

kbalazsa
Level 7
How about start a thread for known cases on Armoury Crate 4.0.8.0?

My list (so far):

On a fresh Win 10 20H2 install, having all the latest available ASUS software component installed I have these problems currently:

- AURA lighting effect add-on update. It keeps asking for updating to 0.0.14 while I'm on 0.0.15 already (in the Settings - Update Center). But when I'm on 0.0.14 I have a popup info to update to 0.0.15. It could been a never ending story, but I keep the 0.0.15 and never allow it to 0.0.14 again (as an "update").

- Cannot detect BIOS update. Simply says no new BIOS while there was 2 with higher versions, 1 in BETA (Z590 Gaminig Wifi board).

- After reinstalling Armoury Crate - AURA Sync works fine (except Music and Adaptive Color) but after updating to 0.0.15 AURA Sync become very slow (hour-glassing) upon effect change as long as I have the x86 AURA lighting effect add-on. As soon as I remove the x86 add-on and leave only the x64 it works fast again.

- Adaptive Color doesn't work. It simply picks a color once during definition and maintain the same color forever and so it's simply not 'adaptive'.

- Music effect doesn't work. Never. None of the effects. With none of the sound devices and different settings. I tried to switch to 2.0, 5.1, tried to shut down all enhancement and other ASUS tools which might affect sound or sound quality (2-way AI Noise Cancellation, Sonic Studio, Sonic Radar, etc.) I just simply never seen it working on my MOBO (Rog STRIX Z590 Gaming Wifi). In some of the configuration I can see a new virtual device (No name detected) appearing in the volume
mixer options, and can see some gain there, but no RGB effect in the meantime... Sometimes even this unknown device is gone, doesn't appear.
I have to mention that during switching to Music effect, there is no obvious error is reported in C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Diagnosis\LightingService\LightingService.log

Strange though that there is messsage for "stop audio receiver" but never a line for start...

2021-04-13 18:02:20,000 aurals_3.04.35 - [AudioReceiver][AudioReceiver::SetToDefaultECState_Stop] start wait thread stop audio receiver.
2021-04-13 18:02:20,000 aurals_3.04.35 - [AudioReceiver][AudioReceiver::SetToDefaultECState_Stop] finish wait thread stop audio receiver.

2021-04-13 18:02:20,000 aurals_3.04.35 - [AudioEffect][AudioEffect::SetToDefaultECState_Stop] finish wait thread stop music2.

How is it for you?

Summary of (so-far) known-bugs (from this thread):
- AURA lighting effect add-on update (0.0.14 <> 0.0.15) - solved with reinstall Win.
- Display color profile handling is altered by Armoury Crate
- NoiseCancellingEngine.exe prevents computer to enter sleep mode.
- RGB Effects Adaptive Color, Music doesn't work. - Solved for me with Win reinstall.
- BIOS update doesn't work, can't detect new version.

Check discord - there's a live chat regarding these topics there...
24 REPLIES 24

ctakata89
Level 8
On my g713qm i'm expiriencing quite a few bugs yes. Also did like a 6-7 clean installs. The weirdest bug that I still can't resolve is with GameVisual
Didn't have that only on the first install, every fullscreen program I run, like youtube on any browser or a game, the display color profile resets to default, isn't armoury crate related you would say? Well I didn't think so but the only workaround that has worked so far is disabling integrated amd graphics>restarting computer>trying to pick game visual profile while the gpu is disabled> armourt crate saying game visual isn't supported> enabling amd graphics> opening GameVisual> Armoury crate reinstalling profiles> solid performance till next restart of laptop :).

rgb effects are broken currently sometimes they work for a while only to break again randomly untill restart very annoying, like random flashing colors on your sticks that run just fine if you run it without armoury crate.

Even this (new) version again installs NoiseCancelingEngine.exe which prevents computer to enter sleep mode. NoiseCancelingEngine.exe uses microphone all the time and according to POWERCFG /REQUESTS the sound card then prevents sleep.:mad:
I did not want to install this and I even do not have the Two-Way AI Noise Cancelling feature neihter installed nor enabled.:mad:

I have two issues on my Asus Rog Strix G732LXS
1. ROG Boost GPU Overclock is not available any more
2. The sliders from manual GPU OC are missing from manual mode

serd02 wrote:
I have two issues on my Asus Rog Strix G732LXS
1. ROG Boost GPU Overclock is not available any more
2. The sliders from manual GPU OC are missing from manual mode

I have the same problem with my Asus Rog Strix G1512LI, after updating to the latest Armoury Crate app I am not getting the option to Overclock my GPU and that is costing me FPS when playing games.

Did anybody found a solution for this issue?

I found a Bug.
I bought a Second video card, because I work with animation and rendering.
I have one Rog Strix RTX 3070 and Another Asus Dual OC.

when both are connected, Aura Sync, and all controll over the RGB on the Rog Strix stop.
I cant control nothing more, like turn off, or change collor. Nothing work.

Im using Armoury Crate 4.0.8.0.

ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QM Problem with flashing keyboard after idle. Stands in inactivity for 10 seconds - does not blink (statically shines), press - single blinking. Enrages. :mad:

Just bought a new ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR 15 G533QS

Armory crate is really buggy. I have problem with it since the beginning (low perfromances, bug with overclocking, ...)

I have updated to the last BIOS and did a full reinstall.

At the moment scenario profile does not work. it switch back to default 2-3 seconds after the game has launched.

even worst, it does not take gamevisual effect into account when I launch a game, even if it is set as my default setting

hope to have fix soon. It is very frustrating having buggy software that mess up with your expensive gear.

tiagohmf wrote:
I found a Bug.
I bought a Second video card, because I work with animation and rendering.
I have one Rog Strix RTX 3070 and Another Asus Dual OC.

when both are connected, Aura Sync, and all controll over the RGB on the Rog Strix stop.
I cant control nothing more, like turn off, or change collor. Nothing work.

Im using Armoury Crate 4.0.8.0.

Asus dual does not have aura control since the light is only rainbow. fix NO CONTROL on it
Learn, Play Enjoy!