cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ROG Strix Evolve keeps turning on and off

CustlyBane
Level 7
Recently I bought new components for my PC, to be specific a Gigabyte DS3H motherboard, Ryzen 5 3400G processor and 2x8 3200MHz HypreX fury ram.
Before that I was using a Intel i5-3330 on a ASUS P8B75-V, 1866MHz HyperX ram and a RX 580 8gb nitro+ SE.

3 years ago i bought the mouse and for ~1year and 2 months it was working fine when I experienced disconnects on both mine and brothers PC, so I sent it for repairs and they couldn't figure out the issue so they sent a new one. (This was on the intel PC).
Fast forward to a couple days (now this is on the Ryzen PC) ago when I started experiencing the same disconnects, ofc I went on some forums and disabled a bunch of setting (xHCI in the BIOS, the power setting, USB selective suspend setting) and nothing worked The only major difference I saw is when I changed from a USB 3.0 to 2.0 port and it disconnected less on the 2.0.

Now idk what to do, the warranty on the mouse is gone and any software changes I have tried don't work, I do like my room to be cold (could be condensation), I did slam my desk while playing LoL but that was in December because I've quit the game I don't rage anymore, maybe the hardware change but I doubt it.

I honestly don't know what could be causing this and I'm eager to dissemble the mouse.
Any help is appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

thomas_yiu
Level 9
Hi CustlyBane,

Sorry to hear.
Did you try updating the firmware and se if it will fix the issue? https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Mouse/ROG_StrixEvolve/Evolve_122.zip
Thomas
Sincerely,
TY