ctakata89
Level 8
CPU:Ryzen 5900HX

Memory amount in GB: 16

GPU: Amd integrate + Nvidia RTX 3060

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: Nvme 1tb

Monitor is 144hz version

Operating system: Windows 10x64 pro clean installation, activated

Drivers Installed: Latest on asus support page except nvidia gpu driver which is 465.89 dch

BIOS:v306

I deleted all the ones that I don't know or aren't laptop relevent from the template.

I have a lot of issues with Armoury Crate software for the laptop.
The laptop has a clean install of Windows 10 pro 64. The first clean install happened at 22 march2021 and was working fine, except for a small bug that seems to be constant with the lighting of the rgb keyboard. All drivers installed except the nvidia one which I later updated to the latest 465.89 dch are the latest drivers from the Asus support page. Trying to fix the lighting issue I tried another clean install about a week later and thats when everything went haywire. The initial problem was that the Armoury Crate was missing it's config files for the model after installation and that is pretty much the case regardless of how many times I reinstalled it. Tried another clean install but to no avail. The specific issue that frustrates me is that everytime I enter in fullscreen mode on anything like youtube in any browser or a game the monitor profile resets to its default color profile. I tried 2 drivers from the amd software for the graphics which were in effect the 2 latest as far as i could tell, the first one was in a recommended section and the second was the latest. Neither helped so I reverted back to the one which is on the asus page :V27.20.14044.1003. Tried a bunch of things that I found on the internet- nothing helped. Found a temporary solution - I disabled the amd graphics>tried chanching the profile at which point Armoury Crate returns an error that game visual might not be supported> restarted the laptop>re-enabled the amd graphics>open Armouty Crate>going into gamevisual at which point Armoury Crate return text Requesting server connection or something of the sort and then reinstalls the game visual profiles. At this points it all appears to be working relatively fine until next restart of the laptop.

As far as the lighting keyboard issue that prompted the first Windows reinstall - Going into armoury crate>device>system>lighting - choosing any profile from the ones listed there - when I don't touch the keyboard for about 5 sec the next click makes the keyboard flicker or sometimes in the rainbow profile it restarts the sequence. Interestingly the profile that I choose is remembered by the device and is same during restart or when I'm in BIOS but the flicker bug is NOT present.
4 REPLIES 4

ctakata89
Level 8
Okay maybe a simpler question. The Armoury Crate program doesn't recognize my laptop when installing and therefore doesn't install the config files for it's profiles resulting in the devices improper performance. How do I fix that?

The Armoury Crate is an advanced GUI (Graphical User Interface) which lets you optimize your gaming experience with ASUS ROG products. Basically, in this application you have access to tweak your motherboard’s power settings and control the RGB lighting outcome using the Asus aura software.

While Armoury Crate helps in upgrading the different aspects of the computer as soon as you connect a new device, it also shows some errors while installing the driver components. This can make a lot of trouble for you, especially when it comes to selecting suitable items such as screen locker, AURA Sync, laptop live update and BIOS flashing functionalities.

_VLAD
Level 7
ctakata89 wrote:
CPU:Ryzen 5900HX
Memory amount in GB: 16
GPU: Amd integrate + Nvidia RTX 3060
SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: Nvme 1tb
Monitor is 144hz version
Operating system: Windows 10x64 pro clean installation, activated
Drivers Installed: Latest on asus support page except nvidia gpu driver which is 465.89 dch
BIOS:v306

when I don't touch the keyboard for about 5 sec the next click makes the keyboard flicker or sometimes in the rainbow profile it restarts the sequence. Interestingly the profile that I choose is remembered by the device and is same during restart or when I'm in BIOS but the flicker bug is NOT present.

I have ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QM-HN027, system and BIOS like yours, the same problem with keyboard flashing after idle.

Hi all, i just bought this 713qm too.

I wish to ask if you all facing screen mirroring issue to TV which will not connect in my case.

should be just use "connect" and chose your TV and cast right? my 5 years old laptop just that simple.