ROG Member Array

GX701GX Repeating keyboard; keeps moving after holding button

After holding a button, mostly noticed with "W" for moving forward, it seems to be hanging for a while after releasing.
    For example, after walking forward for a while without releasing the button, the character will continue moving forward after releasing the button.

I have recreated it in word by holding "W" for a couple of minutes, and when releasing the button it keeps repeating w by itself.
    It also happened with other letters.

It seems that the games are handling the keystrokes like text input, instead of holding.
    I have not experienced any motion lagging because of this.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or any ideas on how to resolve it?

Moderator Array

Hello Chiller,
    Does this issue only happening with gaming? or in other situation as well?
    Thank you.

ROG Member Array

I tried in word and the same happens. It's like it can't keep up with repeating the same button, so after holding for a while it has to catch up by repeating until it's done. It gets worse the longer I hold, so I have developed a habit for releasing the button once in a while to prevent it. But I never considered games to use keystrokes in this way. I always thought it was click/hold, but it seems like it's click/repeat.