cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA - AQC111C 5GNIC runs like garbage

solomonshv
Level 7
i saw some threads about this NIC on this board, but my problems seems different.

when it comes to straight download speeds from my NAS, i get 300 ish MB/s when i should be getting 500 MB/s, but i can live with that. internet download speeds are fine, i get the full 1Gbps up and down

my main issue is random disconnects and occasional ping spikes that don't happen on another PC in the house and don't happen when using the intel NIC. even steaming youtube videos at 720p can sometimes be a problem. the video will just free or stop loading.

i tried reinstalling windows, tried reinstalling windows on a brand new Samsung 980 Pro SSDs. doesn't help. the 5G NIC is still annoying. the 5G NIC is the main reason i bought this motherboard and without it, it may as well be a door stop.

is there are firmware update for this thing? i can't find this SKU listed on Marvell's website. i've update aquantia NICs before with firmware from their website to fix various issue. but don't see anything of the sort here. is there any other trouble shooting/updating steps i can take before i have to rip my computer apart?

specs here, if you need them: https://valid.x86.fr/jpd4j4

thanks

Intel 5930K + Corsair H110
Asus X99 Deluxe
4 x 4GB G.Skill 3000MHz CL 15
2 x Asus GTX 980 STRIX
2 x Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD [RAID 0]
Super Flower Leadex 1000W Platinum
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
1 REPLY 1

Blake1
Level 10
Hi there,
Is this a new issue after certain update or modification?
Could you share the current NIC driver and firmware version on your device?
Thank you.