cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing games in silence mode in asus rog strix

javiergp1987
Level 7
Good Morning,

I just bought an ASUS ROG Strix G531 laptop and have been testing different Armory Crate configurations.
I have a question and I would be very grateful if you would solve it for me. I have played several games with a PC temperature and resource meter and have tested in silent mode, in performance mode and in turbo mode, and I find that in silent mode the CPU and GPU temperatures are lower than in the other two modes , although the fan hardly turns on, nevertheless I touch the surface of the computer and it is warmer in silent mode than in the others.
Is it advisable to play in silent mode if the game allows it? Or is it better to play in performance or turbo mode?

I've also tried manual mode, but it only lets me regulate the fan speed for the CPU. Is there any possibility to lower the CPU voltage like in silent mode but with faster fan speed?

Thanks for the help.

All the best.
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
Keep in mind that overall performance is going to be lower in silent mode. For some games that may not matter but in demanding titles you might find it's not good enough. If it works for your games then go for it. I'm not sure if you can adjust power targets in crate but if temps are higher that is OK. Modern processors are designed to throttle themselves before they reach a critical temperature. As long as you provide some cooling they will take care of themselves.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Hi! Thanks for your answer!

I know that performance is lower in silent mode, and with the games I have tried it was fine. But I am surprised that, according to the temperature measuring software, in silent mode the temperature of the CPU and GPU are lower (which is logical because there is less voltage) but if I touch with my hand the PC is warmer than in performance mode or turbo mode.

A greeting.

xeromist
The components will be a little cooler with less power flowing through them but because the fans are slower or off a little bit more heat will build up inside the chassis. Nothing to worry about.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I usually don't care about the productivity of my computer since I don't play games much, and usually, I just watch sports events there and place bets. By the way, if you've ever been interested in sports, highly recommend checking more details on Takebet Nigeria because it's a great platform with all the latest news and upcoming events.