cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G752 keyboard buttons stop working (until restart).

xentros
Level 7
Hi,
since couple of days I have a strange issuse on my Laptop. When I boot into Windows 10. Some of the keyboard keys stop working but special keys like the Windows button is still working (and I still have the red backlight running).

After a restart everything is back to normal.

I am not sure if this is maybe related to the external usb Keyboard which I have also attached to my Laptop.
But this keyboard behaves exactly like my laptop keyboard, no keys work beside the windows button.

For me it sounds more like a faulty windows update, but I am not sure where to even look at.

After restarting both keyboards works 100%.

Specs:
Asus G752vsk
Windows 10
2nd Keyboard is a Perixx Wired Backlit Mini Keyboard
I should have latest bios and windows updates installed

Edit: Maybe I should also mention, this issue is not 100%. Most of the times booting into windows (fresh start, as I always shutdown my machine), and both keyboards work fine.
7 REPLIES 7

jdfrench3
Level 12
Is the external keyboard connected to a left-side USB connector?
Try unplugging your external keyboard (USB) from your laptop, then reconnecting. Does this restore use?
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Is the external keyboard connected to a left-side USB connector?
Try unplugging your external keyboard (USB) from your laptop, then reconnecting. Does this restore use?

Yes ists on the left side.
Yes it was the first thing i tried to unplug it and plug it back. Both cases (unpluged and repluged) didn't solve the issue.
Only a windows restart is the only solution i found so far.

Can you get into Control Panel/ Device Manager when the problem arrises? If so, do you see any device errors?
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

THers a patch in the Asus support driver section for that laptop. I went thru it recently AND FOUND THE PATCH AND PRESTO.

xentros
Level 7
So I gathered more informations.
First of all it can also happen after a while (so windows boots up everything is fine and then it starts behaving like this).
In the device manger everything is fine.
Also I got my keyboard working after pressing all kind of buttons and I think either the backspace or enter key made the whole keyboard work.

About the Asus support section, I checked the stuff for my Laptop, the only thing which is new was the Asus live updater.
Which I going to install now and try out (the old live updater has nothing, so honestly I also don't think the new updater will have anything).

Edit 2: I installed the Live updater, and it had nothing.

Edit 3:
I found this stuff was installed couple of days ago, I am using a german windows, I am not exactly sure what this is.
I guess it was installed via Windows Update, could this cause the issue, can I deinstall it?

xeromist
I think it could potentially cause an issue if it's trying to enable special keyboard modes for things like umlauts that aren't supported on your machine.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xentros
Level 7
Ok I finaly found the issue, but no solution yet.
I am using a Synology DiskStation at home. When I remote connect via Firefox to the DiskStation it will block the keyboard.
I guess its for having the keyboard work inside the virtual desktop.

Tabbing back to my desktop or closing Firefox does not release the keyboard - also just pressing Enter does not help.
I have this DiskStation for more then years and this never behaved like this.
Any helps, I guess it would be better to ask in the Synology forum for now.

Btw I come to this idea, as it looks like the same issue happens with WMWare but the registry trick did not work for me.