cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x570-e Armoury Crate won't control LED on RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB

rockyinc94
Level 7
Hello,

I have Strix x570-e motherboard, BIOS is the latest version (not BETA). The RAMs are: 2x16 GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB (F4-3600C16D-32GTZR).

Can anyone tell me why i can't control LEDs on my RAM using armory crate? I can't see any extra settings or configurations? If in sync devices memory is selected theres no diference.

Also if i use g.skill software there is no difference..
9 REPLIES 9

FlufflePuff1337
Level 9
use 1.00.18 from g skill not 1.00.22
1.00.22 has a fix that makes it work again if you have 5000 series cpu as result it breaks it if you have a 3000 series cpu i believe.

FlufflePuff1337 wrote:
use 1.00.18 from g skill not 1.00.22
1.00.22 has a fix that makes it work again if you have 5000 series cpu as result it breaks it if you have a 3000 series cpu i believe.

or use 1.00.24 beta. For me working perfectly.

gytaka wrote:
or use 1.00.24 beta. For me working perfectly.

That depends cos 1.00.22/24 have fix that make memory work again with ryzen 5000 series, but if you aren't on ryzen 5000 series then it bassicly breaks functionality in that case 1.00.18 is better it make memory show up in aura creator to, just a shame that lightningservice.exe is broken and using as much cpu cycles as a mining malware.

FlufflePuff1337 wrote:
That depends cos 1.00.22/24 have fix that make memory work again with ryzen 5000 series, but if you aren't on ryzen 5000 series then it bassicly breaks functionality in that case 1.00.18 is better it make memory show up in aura creator to, just a shame that lightningservice.exe is broken and using as much cpu cycles as a mining malware.

You're right, it works well on the 5000 series, but I don't know how it performs on the previous series.

gytaka wrote:
You're right, it works well on the 5000 series, but I don't know how it performs on the previous series.

the fix for 5000 series was added with 1.00.22 and up so if you aren't using 5000 series cpu but using 3000 series cpu or older 1.00.18 fixes detection issues, g.skill still has to release a fix for it to work on both hopefully they do this soon, they keep suggesting to power off system and power cycle so control works again even tho its clearly issue they introduced by simply flipping the switch from ryzen 3000 support to 5000 support as result older hardware no longer detects memory anymore.

I have 3900x so if i understand correctly i have to instal .18 version in order to use g.skill LED normaly?

somewhere on g.skill forum i read that in past there ware some issues with ram and some software causing rams to stop working??

Have downloaded .18 and thanks now i can control the LEDs.. only armory crate can't controll it.. if i chose in g skill "external" i have only option razer chroma..

rockyinc94 wrote:
Have downloaded .18 and thanks now i can control the LEDs.. only armory crate can't controll it.. if i chose in g skill "external" i have only option razer chroma..

Do not run the g skill software just disable auto run, it comes with an aac package that works with armoury crate and aura creator altho you need to remove the asus aac package as well, im not in the mood anymore to explain how to fix it asus need to fix their own crap, if they treat everyone like crap.

Where do you mean to disable auto run in auro crate?

i will remove g.skill software.. as i see even if i click led off.. it will turn them off for a second than go to default lighting...