Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

I am talking to the VGA dept. None of your complaints seem to match up though, so it's difficult to nail down these issues. So far I have rounded up these:

• Users don’t have as much voltage overhead as the stock card. Users want more than 1.3V on DCII.
    • Users cannot enable mutli-monitor setups over 3 screens. They have tried active DP to HDMI adapters, and at least the last 3 Catalyst drivers but none are working properly.
    • ‘Colorful’ hard locking up at idle. Power savings enable or disabled – same thing.
    • General instability without overclocking - there seems not correlation of problems though: booting Windows, Skyrim, Oblivion, BF3, 3DMark, sitting idle...
    • BF3: After searching a match, loading level, when it finish, FREEZE, black screen, sounds (2 people same issue, even with 12.5 beta)

Given there were so many complaints about 12.4 drivers and some of you are saying that 12.5 beta is notably better, it implies an ongoing driver issue. You all sound like competent people so you know how to setup a system properly, although if you are having problem please remove any overclock and record your temps to isolate whether it's the OC, overheating or another problem.

I will let you know as soon as I know something.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

11.12,12.1,12.2,12.3,12.4, 12.5 beta

all will not work with more than 3 monitors at all and cause artifacts in game play across all 3 screens or 2 or even 1. thats point 1 on my card
    is this a driver fault or card fault ?

also on my card aswell as other peoples card we have ONLY 8x 3.0 and NOT 16x regardless of the PCIE lane its in. with this problem is it a card fault or a motherboard fault or driver fault ?

to play games at a NONE BSOD ever at anytime i have to downclock the card from 1000/1400 to 900/1350 which is kind of against the point of the card.

12.5 driver DO HELP in games yes make things better for sloid game play thats no question but doesnt help with the other issues.

some people have the R4E and some have other boards (ive had 5 R4E already so i hope its not a board problem) temps on my card are well for wont of a better word perfect, 3 screens doent go over 60C.

cheers for help MarshallR we only need advice with stuff, so far im so lost its untrue, i have a 6970 well 3 actually and ive never had issues with them with drivers or with the board.

if you need more info or specs or anything else from me please catch me on here or PM me MarshallR i will do whatever i can to help myself and others dude.

ROG Enthusiast Array

new drivers out just now 12.6 might fix ALOT of this by the way it sounds so let us know how these go
    http://blogs.amd.com/play/2012/05/31...eta-whats-new/

cheers for that update.

i will raped the **** out of them during the weekend starting ina few hours and let you know if things are better or worse or nothings changed.

ive got a CLEAN install of windows everytime of 7 64bit ultimate so its not a conflict with an old driver. stil cant work out what the issue is for the 8x 3.0 and not 16x, its either a false reading or something or faulty something card or board, since im benchmark vantage and 3dmark 11 numbers are above normal so im alittle confused with that side but extra monitors is driving me nuts, cot stuff here but cant use it

ROG Enthusiast Array

Glad to see these new drivers, hopefully it's an advancement.

Yes this x8 issue is driving me absolutely insane, it can't be false reading because in the board PCI configuration emulator it says it should be running at x16. This must be a board problem or bios, this is something that needs to be noted heavily by ASUS. We would appreciate an answer.
    My Rig:
    Rampage 4 Extreme BF3/Dead 3960X thanks 2 RIVE/16GB (4x4GB) G.Skill RipjawsZ CL9 PC19200 2400Mhz/ASUS HD7970 DCU2T No longer Xfired - 1 card dead n never really worked/Threw away my Phoebus/Thermaltake Toughpower 1500W PSU/480GB Intel 520 Series SSD/2TB WD Black Caviar HDD -- All in Thermaltake Level 10 GT LCS (BigWater 850GT LCS) Chassis with all the bells and whistles. Peripherals: Vulcan ANC, Logitech G-19 K/Brd, Logitech G700 Mouse.

12.6 still gives same issues BUT the games and over clocking or underclocking so far HAVE NOT give any BSOD and i was running a loop on benchmarks all night and this morning just under 16 hours, nothings wrong my PC gaming room was hot enough to cook food but no issues at all to report.

stil only 3 monitors and still only 8x

so back to ASUS and AMD my thinks

ROG Member Array

DVI-D doesn't work

I've got a 2560x1600 monitor, so, I have to use DVI-D. I know there is a switch on the card that sets the port from single-link to dual-link. However, after flipping the switch and upping my resolution I get a very corrupted display. After googling around I learnt that quite a few people have this problem and an apparent solution is to use an active DVI-D to DP adapter. I don't have that and am hoping I won't have to buy one (as they cost a lot). To clarify I have moved the switch towards the crossfire connector, I've tried several different drivers and it works fine up to 1280x800.

So does anyone have an alternate solution?

get a HP dvi to dp adapter and it will work or a club 3d one, they are not expensive at all and will do what you need.

with your problem it sounds lie you have a bad card, my DVI's work but not when i have DP ports plugged in, im hoping its not a card fault and its a driver since i have NO possible way to return my card even though its a month old. not shops fault its due to moving countries before i would get a replacement or the card repaired so im screwed

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    get a HP dvi to dp adapter and it will work or a club 3d one, they are not expensive at all and will do what you need.

with your problem it sounds lie you have a bad card, my DVI's work but not when i have DP ports plugged in, im hoping its not a card fault and its a driver since i have NO possible way to return my card even though its a month old. not shops fault its due to moving countries before i would get a replacement or the card repaired so im screwed
    You're thinking of a single-link adapter. They're cheap, it's the dual link ones that are expensive. However, I've found one for £40, but, I'll try RMAing once first. Bare in mind, everyone who's RMAed the card for this problem, has had a card with the exact same problem come back to them.

EDIT: I did a quick check to see if it would crash under stress like the rest of your cards are. I ran a burn-in test in Furmark @1280x800 & 8xAA, with dynamic background, burn-in and extreme burn-in checked. The GPU hit 64C and the power (whatever that refers to) hit 68C, according to GPUTweak. Can someone with crashes from prolonged use test at these settings so I can see whether mine's working properly?
    Last edited by razaron; 06-02-2012 at 08:51 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Spoony my cards report as 16 8 8 in top black and bottom slots on my r4e. Tried a diff bios?

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast