Did you mean: 

Meltdown/Spectre XIII Hero

Zeroed85
Level 8
Unprotected with 10900K + XIII Hero

4 REPLIES 4

BigJohnny
Level 13
Firstly what BIOS rev. Thats all in the microcode.
Secondly I run a new BIOS that has been modded with an older microcode on purpose. These cause a significant performance hit. A bit surprised that You have this with a fairly recent chip. When you installed your OS did you install the chipset drivers first followed by Intel MEI before anything else?

+1 Me too

BigJohnny
Level 13
I personally woulndt worry about it unless you are running an enterprise server with sensitive data.
Did you try the "Enable Meltdown Protection button?
Like I said mine is disabled by choice. Too much of a performance hit. If someone can get past my primary router and figure out which port the secondary router is DLNAd though with a hardware firewall in between and all my sensitive data on encrypted drives then they can have at it. I gave my primary IP to an IT friend and asked him to see if he could get in. Didn't get past the first router.

BigJohnny wrote:
I personally woulndt worry about it unless you are running an enterprise server with sensitive data.
Did you try the "Enable Meltdown Protection button?
Like I said mine is disabled by choice. Too much of a performance hit. If someone can get past my primary router and figure out which port the secondary router is DLNAd though with a hardware firewall in between and all my sensitive data on encrypted drives then they can have at it. I gave my primary IP to an IT friend and asked him to see if he could get in. Didn't get past the first router.

Fair enough but some people may want to have all the protection. If it's a microcode issue I guess Asus should investigate it?