cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G752VSK randomly crashing and rebooting

omeggga
Level 8
So when I was playing halo:mcc I occasionally had an issue where my pc would just hard reboot. No BSOD, no nothing, just zap and reboot. I thought it was a quirk with mcc or something since it never happened on any other game. Today I was playing STALKER: Anomaly and it happened again.

My BIOS seems to be updated, I tried to update to 312 with my fingers crossed but the vsk motherboard doesn't recognize it as a BIOS file. What do I do?
4 REPLIES 4

SMOKESKULL
Level 7
Type Reliability history into Windows search in the start menu and see if anything shows up there.

If you have an ASUS G752VSK, then you should be running BIOS 305.

Your problem sounds like an overheat condition. Are you running your ROG Gaming Center software in Extreme while gaming?
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
If you have an ASUS G752VSK, then you should be running BIOS 305.

Your problem sounds like an overheat condition. Are you running your ROG Gaming Center software in Extreme while gaming?

Yes but I doubt it's overheating. Apex Legends makes my PC run wild and I never experienced this, same for Battlefield 1. Halo:MCC and STALKER don't. I'm monitoring my CPU thermals as I play MCC, Halo 2 anniversary and the most they seem to have gotten to is 94º.

Windows acknowledging that it shut down spontaneously, and before that an infodump for one time mcc crashed. Hm...