ROG Member Array

B550-F GAMING - how to restore BIOS settings correctly?

Hello,

I have a ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)

Currently I have BIOS version 2006 installed, meanwhile I have my board since July 2020 and about 4-5 BIOS versions installed.
    Every time I save the settings beforehand and restore them as a backup, my computer no longer boots up. Then i have to reset the CMOS or reset the BIOS via the USB BIOS-Slot and enter everything manually.

What is the best way to proceed? It can't be that it regularly destroys everything just because I restore a backup of my settings?
    Even my old ASrock never had any problems like that...

Thank you

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Hello,

Have you tried creating a new profile on build 2006? If you're using a saved profile from an old UEFI build it's possible it's incompatible due to changes in AGESA or other rulings. Creating a new profile there shouldn't be an issue. If there is it's likely the settings used within the profile are unstable.
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 04-19-2021 at 07:11 AM.

ROG Member Array

Hello @Silent Scone@ROG

I have saved the profile under 1804, as well as put it on a USB stick as a backup.

Then flashed 2006 and restored the settings.
    It takes a lot of time to manually reset the settings after each update. Unfortunately, it also destroyed everything this time after backing up the data and I then had to reset everything to 0 via USB on the BIOS port.

Should this really always be the case? Do I have to manually reset everything after every update?

Thanks