cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VG34VQL1B monitor resolution question

Neofit26
Level 7
Hello,

I've just moved from my old VG278H 27" 1920x1080 display onto a VG34VQL1B 34" 3440x1440 display. The new one is awesome, great colors, great blacks, resolution, etc. But I am having trouble working on it now.

Due to the pandemic I am working from home. My work laptop has only an RGB exit. With the old monitor I had no problems, RGB to RGB cable, and the display worked at its native 1080p just fine.

The new one only has 2x DP and 2x HDMI inputs. The only adapter that I have found on Amazon, that has RGB as input, was an RGB to HDMI (powered through a USB port) and is limited to a 1920x1080 resolution (plenty of DP to RGB in that direction though). So what happens is that the monitor senses a 1920x1080 input source and stretches it all over its native 3440x1440p, which makes it huge, stretched and fuzzy. Is there a trick to make the display not stretch it to 21:9?

And maybe I missed some adapters, but are there RGB -> DP adapters, or RGB -> HDMI adapters not limited to a 1080p resolution?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
You would need to go into the monitor's menus to see if there are adjustments for screen fit. There may be a setting something like "maintain aspect ratio".

Unfortunately those older VGA connections are limited on resolution. It seems like 1080p or 1920x1200 are the typical limits.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Neofit26,
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Do you mean VGA exit?
May we know the laptop model you are using?
Thank you.