New ROGer Array

Angry ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) slow usb speed and energy on the USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 port

Bios: Version 2201

Hello all i have lots of problems with Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) with the USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 Ports.

I use a high speed USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 cable and the USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 Ports USB-C and USB-A deliver only 900mbs-1.1GB max with Oculus Quest 2 Linked and other High Speed USB-C and A devices?

Another thing is that the USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 Ports deliver not much energy to bring energy to the Quest 2.

I also tried a High Speed USB-C Hub and normal USB-A Hub but nothing changed the slow speeds.

Do you know the problem Asus?

Mastermind19 Array

Hi Degona,
    Sorry to hear that. Please disable Global C-State Controls.
    Please confirm with Oculus if the Oculus Quest 2 LInk is USB 3.2 Gen 1 or USB 3.2 Gen 2? It might be only USB 3.2 Gen 1.

Thomas
    Last edited by thomas_yiu@ROG; 04-23-2021 at 06:31 PM.
    Sincerely,
    TY

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_yiu@ROG View Post
    Hi Degona,
    Sorry to hear that. Please disable Global C-State Controls.
    Please confirm with Oculus if the Oculus Quest 2 LInk is USB 3.2 Gen 1 or USB 3.2 Gen 2? It might be only USB 3.2 Gen 1.

Thomas
    Hello Thomas the cable is USB 3.2 GEN 1 with Global C State Controls off i get better usb speed results i get 1Gbs more.

But the Quest 2 dont get enough energy from USB-C Port.

When i use active external usb hub at the USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 port i get enough energy for the Quest 2.

I solved the problem but for me is this a little bit disapointed that the USB Port dont deliver much energy.

thanks for your help.