cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate 4.0.8 breaks iCue integration

Ghost_Recon131
Level 8
When I updated Armoury Crate, and tried to use iCue, half the GPU's RGB syncs and the other half is stick on random colors.
Here's version of Armoury Crate before update

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.0.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.5.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.35
Armoury Crate lite service 4.0.12
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.26
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.6
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.1.4.0
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.8
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.50
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.32
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.53
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.1.2
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.3.1
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.1.6
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.08
CorsairAsusPlugin 2.0.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.31.3
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AIO 1.0.0.10
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42 1.00.02
ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL 1.00.05
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.6.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.1
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.3
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.1
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.12.0

After update:

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.0.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.5.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.35
Armoury Crate lite service 4.0.12
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.29
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.6
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.1.4.0
AacVGA 0.0.3.7
KingstonDram 1.1.6
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.08
CorsairAsusPlugin 2.0.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.31.3
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AIO 1.0.0.10
PHISON HAL 1.0.6.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.1
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.3
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.1
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.12.0
8 REPLIES 8

thomas_yiu
Level 9
Hi Ghost_Recon131,
What iCUE version do you have?

Please update latest iCUE. If that doesn't work, please reinstall iCUE.

If you stil have an issue, please PM me with specifications and iCUE version.
Thomas
Sincerely,
TY

Thanks, I've sent PM

Its not recommended to run icue and aura at the same time if you want icue to control the RGB of all items. If aura is upgraded by armory, sometimes an re install of Icue is needed.

mdzcpa wrote:
Its not recommended to run icue and aura at the same time if you want icue to control the RGB of all items. If aura is upgraded by armory, sometimes an re install of Icue is needed.

iCUE passes thru rgb controls to armoury crate it cannot do this unless it runs, altho i run g skill rgb memory now 4 sticks instead of 2 sticks from corsair, something is defiantly wrong with current update.

FlufflePuff1337 wrote:
iCUE passes thru rgb controls to armoury crate it cannot do this unless it runs, altho i run g skill rgb memory now 4 sticks instead of 2 sticks from corsair, something is defiantly wrong with current update.

I should have been more clear. What I suggest is disabling the iCUE integration with aura. Let AC aura run the board plus anything else it discovers and let icue handle the Corsair ecosystem. The integration has never worked well.Â*

mdzcpa wrote:
I should have been more clear. What I suggest is disabling the iCUE integration with aura. Let AC aura run the board plus anything else it discovers and let icue handle the Corsair ecosystem. The integration has never worked well.Â*

Yeah that would defiantly give you less issues if you just let iCUE handle it instead, altho it should work just fine, lets hope they fix rgb memory support, does't seem to be only issue with g.skill im not sure if you experience higher cpu usage to, with g.skill 1 of my sticks will flash random color on portion of the rgb completly random and have extra cpu usage, if had problems with rgb before when had my corsair rgb effects would randomly reset the loop and not loop perfectly, would show on my corsair memory as well.
From what i understood somewhere else if lightningservice.exe gets to many request to change signals on rgb they will stack up and increase cpu usage and other sort of problems, i hope next vision of armoury crate comes out soon to fix all of this its starting to make me paranoid.

FlufflePuff1337 wrote:
Yeah that would defiantly give you less issues if you just let iCUE handle it instead, altho it should work just fine, lets hope they fix rgb memory support, does't seem to be only issue with g.skill im not sure if you experience higher cpu usage to, with g.skill 1 of my sticks will flash random color on portion of the rgb completly random and have extra cpu usage, if had problems with rgb before when had my corsair rgb effects would randomly reset the loop and not loop perfectly, would show on my corsair memory as well.
From what i understood somewhere else if lightningservice.exe gets to many request to change signals on rgb they will stack up and increase cpu usage and other sort of problems, i hope next vision of armoury crate comes out soon to fix all of this its starting to make me paranoid.

iCue doesn't play well with non-Corsair products. For example, iCue doesn't support the motherboard's ARGB header. It only supports the motherboard internal RGB and the 4-pin RGB headers. Of course it supports it's own RAM. Because of this I turn off "Plugins" in the iCue settings.

Jesseinsf wrote:
iCue doesn't play well with non-Corsair products. For example, iCue doesn't support the motherboard's ARGB header. It only supports the motherboard internal RGB and the 4-pin RGB headers. Of course it supports it's own RAM. Because of this I turn off "Plugins" in the iCue settings.

That is the reason i went for vardar D rgb fans instead of going corsair, cos my lian li case has argb led strip and whats the point if you cant control all rgb in 1 piece of software, so instead of moving towards corsair if been moving away from it, ofcourse Asus armoury crate ain't perfect either but atleast they are trying, now if only they could fix rgb issues that got introduced since 4.0.8, if they gonna allow us to pause update they should allow us to go back to older vision of armoury crate to even if just for troubleshooting purposes, cos if it works just fine with older software then perhaps its time to back track what changes broke things and fix those things.
When i had my corsair rgb kit it never showed up in aura creator not even once, now it does not either with g skill but if i install older trident z rgb software it installs an older ene rgb package and it will show up in aura creator and each stick is invidually programable, they need to fix memory rgb support, and if it shows up in armoury crate it should be customiseable in aura creator as well, it works just fine when things are working the way they should, and if defiantly had problem free experience in the past, altho corsair memory never showed up in aura creator, there some cool things you can do in aura creator that you probably cant do in corsair iCUE with memory rgb altho its a bit problematic still and still lacking basic options to set where the loop starts and ends as example.

Anyway i ain't touching corsair product again unless they change their attitude, rgb should be adressable whichever way you prefer, and there should be a open standard already for rgb rather then needing different software for each rgb component, it just creates software hell