cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow boot time, stuck 30 sec. at ROG logo (press f2 to enter bios)

Kriminal73
Level 7
Hi to all,
I've a very slow boot time.
When I power on the computer the system wait about 30 sec. to ROG logo (press canc or f2 to enter bios) then start normally.
If I restart the computer the boot time is very fast.
Disconnecting my 3 SATA HDD solve the issue.
Fast boot enabled, 0 sec. post time, SMART disabled.
How can I solve this problem without removing my HDD ?
Thank you.

I9 10900K
Z490-E Gaming
64GB DDR4
MSI 2080 Super
3x Hitachi HDS723030ALA640
WDC SN730
Crucial M550
4 REPLIES 4

pndiode
Level 11
A long period of SATA HDD initialization at POST is a strong indication that one or all SATA HDD are failing. Try plugging in one SATA drive at a time and boot computer. Maybe you can identify which SATA HDD is causing the slow boot time.

pndiode wrote:
A long period of SATA HDD initialization at POST is a strong indication that one or all SATA HDD are failing. Try plugging in one SATA drive at a time and boot computer. Maybe you can identify which SATA HDD is causing the slow boot time.

Thank you for the answer.
I've tried to unplug one SATA drive for a time without any luck, the boot speed issue solve only if I unplug all SATA HDD drives.
I've also tried to plug a new SATA HDD, without any other HDD, but system wait about 30 sec. to ROG logo again before start.

Saltgrass
Level 13
Since you appear to be using 4 SATA ports and one M.2 port with a 10th Gen processor, have you verified all connections are supported and none of the SATA drives are on a disabled port/s?

When the system pauses like that, it expects you to go into the Bios and make some change. The same thing may happen if you were to change memory or some other component.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Kriminal73
Level 7
Hi Saltgrass,
all SATA ports are enabled.
I have tried disabling all unused ports with the same results.
It is something related with SATA HDD, but I don't know what.
The HDD works fine without any problems, no problems detected with a hdd test.
Before Z490-E Gaming I had an Asus Rampage V with the Crucial SSD and the 3 Hitachi HDD and the problem was also present on the old mobo.