Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog strix b560-f gaming wifi problems

spluff
Level 7
Hi all,

I hope someone can help me.

I have update bios to the latest version.

1. In windows I get an error occurring after every boot:- EVENT ID 1 - A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event. Any idea what is causing this?

2. I have 2 NVME drives. The 950PRO I already had windows 10 installed on and just allowed windows to update and find drivers. This shuts down and restarts fine.
I bought another which is WD Black SN850 and installed a clean version of Windows10. When shutting down and power on its fine and fast.
When I do a restart it seems to go into bios self check????? (basically the fans all spin up and then after a while switches off and then starts up again and windows loads fast. like when you change certain options in bios.
Why would the second drive do this everytime i do a restart, but is okay on power off.
4 REPLIES 4

raju2529
Level 7
might be second drive firmware is not fully compatible.
You would have installed two same company nvme drives, then problems wont appear.
so in your case, try to update latest firmware to second drive download from manufacturer website.
also check all screws are fitted tightly and touched with grounded on motherboard slot.
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

raju2529 wrote:
might be second drive firmware is not fully compatible.
check all screws are fitted tightly and touched with grounded on motherboard slot.

I think I have worked out what the problem is but dont know how to resolve

If I have:-

SN850 in m2-1 AND use XMP1 profile on memory (3200) it causes the bios post issues on restart (shutdown is fine).

SN850 in m2-1 AND dont use XMP1 - it restarts fine <--------------- new finding

SN850 in m2-3 AND use XMP1 profile - it restarts fine.

Any ideas what I can do? I should be able to use my XMP memory and x4 m2 at full speed but somehow it causes this restart issue. Everything else seems fine in windows (no crashes etc so far)

spluff
Level 7
I have checked firmware and there is no newer.

I did all testing with just 1 drive in at a time.
*I did a test today*I tried moving the sn850 to to m2-slot3 and it restarts fine now. the problem with this is that it won’t be running 4x and that’s the only reason I bought this m2 drive.

It really should go in m2-1 for 4x

*Any ideas why having the slot in m2-1 would cause the restart issues?? Any ideas how to fix

spluff
Level 7
Is this a Asus issue or Western Digital issue? I need to know so i can return or resolve what is causing this