cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD Black SN850 500GB in M.2_1 slot not running at PCIe Gen 4 on Strix x570i

ginman522
Level 7
Hi,

I have a new build with a WD Black SN850 500GB and a Strix x570i Gaming AC mobo. I'm running 3603 Bios (latest non-beta). I do have Gen 4 set in the M.2_1 link bios setting, but it's still just connecting at Gen 3 according to the WD Black Dashboard plus I'm only getting 3700 MB/s in CrystalDiskMark just to confirm.

Is there something I'm missing? or is this a bug with the bios? or maybe this SSD is not supported by ASUS.

Thanks for the help.
G
Core i7 - 3820
Corsair H70 water cooler
EVGA GTX 680
ASRock Extreme6/GB
Intel Cherryville 128GB SSD
Seagate MomentusXT 750GB
16GB Samsung Ram 1600
Thermaltake Grand 850w PSU
corsair 300r Case
Samsung BR Burner
4 REPLIES 4

thomas_yiu
Level 9
Hello Ginman522,

I recommend test the WD850 on another slot to make sure it is not the drive having some issues.
Did you try to reseat the M.2?
WHat processor did you use?
DId you try adjusting the M.2_1 link in bios (BIOS/Advanced/Onboard Devices Configuration -> M.2_1 link -> Gen 4) please?

Please PM me for your specifications if you still have any problems.
Have a wonderful day!

Thomas
Sincerely,
TY

what cpu are you using on your x570 mobo?

thomas_yiu@ROG wrote:
Hello Ginman522,

I recommend test the WD850 on another slot to make sure it is not the drive having some issues.
Did you try to reseat the M.2?
WHat processor did you use?
DId you try adjusting the M.2_1 link in bios (BIOS/Advanced/Onboard Devices Configuration -> M.2_1 link -> Gen 4) please?

Please PM me for your specifications if you still have any problems.
Have a wonderful day!

Thomas

I am having the same issue with the Dark Hero pro, on the latest Beta bios available. The SN850 doesn't work at full speed 7000/5000 but instead 6300/3200 when connected to the Chipset m.2 controller works fine on the CPU lane tho. x570 on a Asrock was fixed not long ago, so it might be something wrong with our chipset as well, my 2 nvme controllers are set to 4gen manually in bios. any ideas?

Edit:
Dark hero x570
Ryzen 5900x

thomas_yiu
Level 9
Hi Neikosr0x,

I am confirming with my engineers with the issue. Can you PM me with the feedback form, specifications and scrreenshot (hard drive read/write). More information the better. Thank you so much.
Sincerely,
TY