cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chakram joystick dead-zones + calibration tools ?

kml250
Level 7
Hello,

I have a problem when using the Chakram joystick in Digital (4 ways) mode : the joystick is not well calibrated and doesn't execute command properly.
Theoretically, the whole circle should be divided into quarters like a cake. However this is not quite the case, for instance the "top" move (NUM 1 in my picture) has a very narrow field of action so it often triggers either NUM 0 or NUM 2 instead (see enclosed picture).
So NUM 1 is practically unusable in this mod.

Usually they are tools to re-calibrate joysticks, but armory crate does not provide such tools, nor allow to set dead-zones.
As anyone encountered this problem ?
Is Asus going to provide such tools in the future ? I think it's pretty much a must have for joysticks controllers.

Thank you very much.

2 REPLIES 2

kml250
Level 7
Reply from Asus Customer Service about my issue (No=E21040065842-0004) :

As promised, we have reassembled the case and we have just received the notification.

In fact, the service has indicated that your indication is considered a design complaint.

Therefore, if the mouse is not suitable for you or does not meet your demand, you can contact the dealer and check the situation with him directly.

I certainly hope this is a misunderstanding to be honest. Is this really how Asus handles issues related to it's high-end range 150+€ mouses?

EDIT: It's indeed a misunderstanding

VDRIVN
Level 7
Given the limited "advanced" support for this mouse I'd say RMA it and get a new one. I doubt you'll find a solution for your issue, the joystick might be faulty from the factory