cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper Visor error BSOD

Zeroed85
Level 8
Would anyone know what is causing Hyper Visor error BSOD's? I'm getting these on the X13Hero + 10900K.
9 REPLIES 9

thomas_yiu
Level 9
If you are planning for virtualization on the PC, when you enable Hyper visor (Hyper -V), you have to enable Intel Virtualization in BIOS (BIOS -> Advanced -> CPU Configuration -> Intel(VMX) Virtualization Technology -> Enable; F10 to save changes & reset

If you want to disable Hyper VIsor, please go to WIndows Features -> Hyper-V -> Disable; OK
Sincerely,
TY

thomas_yiu@ROG wrote:
If you are planning for virtualization on the PC, when you enable Hyper visor (Hyper -V), you have to enable Intel Virtualization in BIOS (BIOS -> Advanced -> CPU Configuration -> Intel(VMX) Virtualization Technology -> Enable; F10 to save changes & reset

If you want to disable Hyper VIsor, please go to WIndows Features -> Hyper-V -> Disable; OK

Having Intel VMX enabled is what's giving the Hyper Visor Error BSOD.

Zeroed85 wrote:
Having Intel VMX enabled is what's giving the Hyper Visor Error BSOD.

I don't know really how to explain it but have you tried to diseable Hyperthreading in the BIOS menu ? Let me know ?

Regards

sl910

sl910 wrote:
I don't know really how to explain it but have you tried to diseable Hyperthreading in the BIOS menu ? Let me know ?

Regards

sl910

So disable HT and leave VMX enabled? Is this a test? I would prefer both to be enabled.

xeromist
Any interesting stop codes? I might start with HCI Memtest if you haven't. A VM is going to use more memory so it could be putting extra load and surfacing an instability. Does this happen at a certain point, like when a VM is starting?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Any interesting stop codes? I might start with HCI Memtest if you haven't. A VM is going to use more memory so it could be putting extra load and surfacing an instability. Does this happen at a certain point, like when a VM is starting?

Yes the stop code is: Hyper Visor Error. Believe it or not I get this BSOD running Asus Real Bench...

Zeroed85
Level 8
Disabling Core Isolation/Memory Integrity (that uses VMX) from Windows Defender appears to resolve the Hyper Visor BSOD when running RealBench.

Zeroed85 wrote:
Disabling Core Isolation/Memory Integrity (that uses VMX) from Windows Defender appears to resolve the Hyper Visor BSOD when running RealBench.

Thanks for sharing this. RealBench works uniquely which makes it interesting for benching but also means you can get interesting edge cases like this.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Mack023
Level 9

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by doing the machine support virtualization.