cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ncvm coated cover loses mirror effect after cleaning

Darthpibe
Level 7
As the title says, i used a little bit of water and a soft cloth and the cover has lost the mirror effect, Asus gaves a replacement for this? and how is this product so bad that it loses that effect after one cleaning, and is a expensive AIO.
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Is the finish scuffed or more cloudy like it has a film on it? If it's more cloudy then it could be whatever was on there just got spread around by the water and not removed. You might want to try a bit of mild soap and make sure your cloth is an actual textile without any paper fibers. Even soft feeling paper towels can scuff delicate surfaces due to the paper fibers. Also make sure to blow off any surface debris or dust before cleaning. Even soft cloths can scuff finishes if they push debris around the surface.

I don't believe finishes are generally covered by warranties from most companies but I guess you could always call and ask the support people.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Is the finish scuffed or more cloudy like it has a film on it? If it's more cloudy then it could be whatever was on there just got spread around by the water and not removed. You might want to try a bit of mild soap and make sure your cloth is an actual textile without any paper fibers. Even soft feeling paper towels can scuff delicate surfaces due to the paper fibers. Also make sure to blow off any surface debris or dust before cleaning. Even soft cloths can scuff finishes if they push debris around the surface.

I don't believe finishes are generally covered by warranties from most companies but I guess you could always call and ask the support people.

It has been absolutely erased after cleaning it with a screen cleaning cloth, I can't believe something so expensive will go wrong in this way, to top it off armory crate is the worst software and the Oled screen is already burned out, I will not buy a product from Asus in the future.

https://imgur.com/a/wtyvkck