cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding High Capacity RAM(Size/GB) and High Speed RAM & RAMDisk(ASUS)

Eris_Sovereign_
Level 7
OK the RAM size that is advertised at 32GB at 4400mhz https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Ballistix-Desktop-Gaming-BLM2K8G51C19U4B/dp/B083TSMNRS?t i used XMP 2.0 on this RAM i bought 2 sticks of 16GB of these RAM at 4400mhz DDR4 for 4 slots which equaled up to 64GB now my question is how do i get this to 4400mhz with XMP? is it possible or is that only really easy to do at 16GB? thx. I noticed the lower the GB(Size) the easier it is to get higher speeds but is it possible to get these speeds with high capacities with XMP? so it can just work like how its advertised?

basically i have no problem on my old build getting 4266mhz DDR4 16GB from XMP just flip a switch bam im at 4266mhz. but i noticed 32GB and up its not the same even though some advertise that much that the mobo can go up to say 32GB or 128GB at insane speeds but the XMP switch just doesnt cut it anymore at 32GB + with 4266mhz+ anyone know why? or do the overclockers still need to break the barriers to make these memory sticks more like the video cards of 2010 and beyond?

last question, do i need to have a specific ROG Mobo to still utilize ROG/ASUS RAMDisk because my old one was certified for it (Maximus IX Apex) but my latest mobo i use (which is listed in my system specs) didnt come with ASUS/ROG RAMDisk so I was curious if its backwards compatible.

thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

Eris_Sovereign_
Level 7
Well i downclocked from 4400 mhz XMP profile 1 (ASUS) to 4266 DDR4 MHZ and i booted up with 64GB DDR4 RAM 4266mhz 4 DIMMS out of 4 slotted this mobo can go up to 128 GB 5333mhz but im waiting for more stability releases before i try something like that. anyway i'll let u guys know how it goes.

OK 4266mhz 64GB is stable used AMD Radeon RamDisk 64GB size for 20 bucks that worked too for one game i tried Star Wars The Old Republic. May try more later.
GG

I had the same problem with my G.Skill TridentZ RGB RAM @ 4000 MHz. Using D.O.C.P (AMD's XMP) it would never boot @ 4000 MHz. First I went in and set the RAM timings and voltage to manual using the same settings that D.O.C.P. tried to use. I was able to get it to boot @ 3800 MHz, but not any higher. The only way I ever finally got it to boot @ 4000 MHz was to use almost all manual RAM timings and voltage. I actually bought my RAM as 2 separate 16 GB (2x8GB) sets for 32 GB total, which I found out later was a mistake when trying to get higher capacities of RAM to boot at fully rated speed. It seems sets of RAM are binned and tested all together at once to verify the compatibility of the included RAM chips to reach full speed. My basic manual timings ended up being 16-16-16-32 with 1.45V manual voltage to get it to boot consistently and stable @ 4000 MHz. The D.O.C.P ratings for my RAM are 17-17-17-37 @ 1.35V so I ended up with a little better timings. I think if anything the XMP voltage set for the RAM at these high of speeds is too low to get it to boot consistently and stable.

Even though you have an 11th Gen motherboard, your motherboard will work in 10th gen mode for memory management because you have a 10th Gen CPU. Now I bet you get good results if you only use 2 sticks at 4400Mhz. Since you populated all RAM slots, you add a lot more stress on the memory controller.